Chapter 1- Moving To Houston

~Y/n Moves to Houston, Texas~
_________________________________________

Today was the day. After 8 months of saving money, working overtime, and finding extra little jobs here and there I can finally move to Texas.

At the moment I live in a small apartment about the size of a master bedroom. The only things I have are my bed, a little TV stand, and a TV. The kitchen isnt really a kitchen. It's more of a corner of the room dedicated to a mini fridge, microwave, sink, and stove. I can barely fit in the bathroom. Plus I'm claustrophobic so that doesn't help things either.

The rent is only $700 a month which has come in handy with being able to save for the move. In the past 8 months I've saved over $80,000, which is absolutely incredible. Now when I move I'll have enough money for a plane ticket, someone to ship my stuff, rent for a month or two (at least until I find a job), and food.

I've been wanting to move to Texas for a year and a half now. It all started when I was bored one day and decided to watch YouTube. I came across this one channel called Unspeakable. It's basically these 3 guys that do crazy challenges and just seem like the best people in the world. They may be loud but they bring me joy.

Out of Nathan (Unspeakable), Gabe, and James, James is my favorite. He's super funny, his laugh is the best laugh I've ever heard, he's very handsome and good looking, and he seems like an overall stand up guy. I really wanted to meet them all so that's when I came up with the idea to move to Texas. So after a lot of hard work I'm finally ready to move.

*Time skip a week later*

I woke up at 4:00 am and got ready for the plane ride. It was only going to be an hour and thirty minutes but I was going to be tired so might as well sleep comfortably yet look presentable. I settled on a pair of grey sweatpants and an Unspeakable t-shirt. (Yes I bought some of their merch) I brushed my hair and teeth, slipped my sneakers on and headed out the door. Since my car was being driven by someone else to Texas I had to take a bus to the airport. I arrived one hour before my flight was supposed to board so I had some time to kill.

I first went to Starbucks and got a toasted cream cheese bagel and a chai latte. I ate my breakfast and listened to music while I waited for the person on the intercom to say my flight was boarding.

"Flight A-17 (lol idk how flights work) to Houston, Texas is now boarding." said a friendly female voice on the inretcom. I got up from the chair I was sitting in and walked over to the boarding gate. I showed the lady standing behind a small podium my ticket.

"Have a nice flight!" she said with a smile on her face.

"You too!" I replied. Dammit! Did I really just say that? Ugh, that's so embarrassing! I tried my best to forget that moment as I got to my seat. I was sitting by the window and a young couple was sitting next to me. They were flirting with each other and wisphering things into each other's ears. The girl giggled and they both started kissing...with tongue. I tried my best to ignore them but they were so loud. I put my ear plugs in but that didn't work either.

I leaned over to them and said "Do you mind? I'm trying to have a relaxing plane ride but I can't do that if you guys keep trying to swallow each other." They looked at me in shock and disbelief.

The guy replied lt me by saying "Listen bitch. My girlfriend and I just want to have fun on this plane ride so if you have a problem with that then you can suck it and leave or deal with it!" By then everyone was looking at us.

"You know what? I-" I cut myself off before I could say something that would get me kicked off the plane. I put my ear buds in and plugged them into the screen on the seat in front of me and turned up the volume all the way. I scrolled through the movies and finally decided on f/m. I could still hear the couple kissing a little bit but it was definitely better than before.

We had finally landed in Houston, Texas. It was hot today but I didn't mind it too much. I walked off the plane and out of the airport (you just had a carry on because you don't have much) and into the parking lot. My car was parked near the back and the lot was pretty big so that was just great. After I got in my car I felt home again. I was never good with traveling because I got homesick easily, so this made me feel better.

I put in the address to my new home on my GPS and drove the 30 minutes it took to get there.

My boxes of stuff were already on my driveway so shout out to my movers! I took a second to admire the large house. It looked so much nicer than my entire apartment building. It was actually gorgeous. I picked up my box of clothes and walked up to the front door. I took a shaky breath and opened the door.

It was huge! Well, probably normal size but compared to my old place it seemed gigantic. The box nearly fell out of my hands from how shocked I was. I put it on the ground beside me and walked through it, admiring the hardwood floor, granite counter tops, much bigger bathroom, and giant bedroom. It was incredible! That's when I realized I hadn't even seen the backyard yet.

There were large sliding doors that lead out to the back. The grass was as green as it could be, the pool was huge! And I'm not exagerating this time. That's when I saw something fly through the air. It was coming straight for my face! Before I could do anything, all I could see was black.
_______________________________________________________________________

So ya that's the first chapter of this story! I hope you liked it! Also comment any requests you have for JamesxReader imagines (they won't be apart of the story BTW) I'll try to update every day 😊

1111 words