Lunch

Juliet's POV:

"Guys! I've decided to become a duck!" Rosalina announced, sitting down with an apple and salad. Everybody barely glanced up, as this type of thing tended to be the norm.

"Okay, I'll bite. Why?" Kate asked, eating the spaghetti they served today and holding onto her boyfriend, Jake's, hand.

"Because, humans are much too idiotic for me. Plus, ducks probably have better food than the cafeteria serves."

I smiled. "True, but you still need more than that for lunch. I don't give a damn if you're vegetarian. Secondly, I'm human and I'm not idiotic."

She shakes her head. "Jules," she says. "WE aren't humans. We are aliens. Jake, Kate, Colleen, Taylor, now they're humans. But we are the superior aliens. Much too smart for humans."

It took a while for the others to pick up before they started protesting. Rosalina turned to me and whispered, "It took two minutes for them to get the insult. My point exactly."

I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around to meet the biggest idiot, Shane. "Hey, Juliet! Trey says you should take a shower. Preferably with him!" he winks and Rosalina turns around.

"Tell Trey sorry, but she's all mine," she says with a smile, kissing my cheek. We had long ago decided that, as best friends, it was our duty to pretend to be lesbian lovers every time we get unwanted attention. Of course, it is a real possibility seeing as I'm pansexual and Rosalina's lesbian. You can imagine how that pleased her religious stepmother, Alyssa.

We turn back and Kate, being the ever oblivious friend she is, freaks. "I was right! Jake, you owe me $20. They finally got together!" Jake sighs and slides an arm around her and I glare.

"You guys had a bet going on me and Rose?!" I exclaimed. "She just said that to get the creep to back off. Me and Rose, won't happen." Of course, I didn't feel like that, but I know Rosalina does. When I said that, though, I noticed her a little crestfallen.

A/N: Decided to break my rule, and give a sneak peek. Your thoughts?