Bailey, Callie and George were in Ruthie's room when Holly walked in. Once noticing George, her face fell. "Are you okay?" Callie whispered. "Absolutely fine", Holly deadpanned. "I was paged here to help"

"Yeah, we could use some extra hands. Here are the labs, what do you see?"

"Low calcium, low vitamin D, and low electrolyte levels, have you been dieting?"

"She lost 40 pounds", Will said proudly. "Will promised we'd move in together if I got down to a size 4", Ruthie said.

"I quit smoking for her"

"If Dr Torres fixes the fracture, you still have to start eating more and exercising less, right Dr Torres?"

"Yeah", Callie said, still looking worried. "Just fix her leg", Will demanded.

Cristina and Derek were preparing the traction system. "Adam has been weight training since he was 8, so it's nothing to be scared about", Stanley said. "3, stay against the wall", Cristina quietly reminded Beck. "Dr Yang, this is a teaching hospital. Come closer and learn something, Dr Jacobs", Derek said. Beck smiled. "Okay, Adam, I'm about to start screwing in the bolt", Derek warned.

"Adam, don't move your head", Cristina urged. "I'm trying, but I'm not sure how much longer I can take this", he said. "You can take as much as they give you", Stanley said. Cristina added another weight.

"Don't be a quitter!"

Cristina added the last plate. "I knew you could do it", Stanley said. "Get him out of the room!" Adam yelled. "Can I do anything?" Beck asked, stepping closer to Adam. "Just get out!" Cristina yelled. "Jacobs, switch places with Dr Yang", Derek said.

Meredith, Lucy and Cristina sat down for lunch. "I've had the most boring day of my life! No one is using me, they have Kepner helping out in ortho", Lucy complained. "There is nothing wrong with being competitive and selfish", Cristina exclaimed.

"That is so true"

"I'm a great resident. We were great interns"

"Yeah!"

Izzie sat down. "Holly is gonna yell at me in front of everybody", she said. Alex sat down. "What are you guys fighting about, anyway?" Meredith said. Lucy and Alex looked at each other before looking at Izzie. "You don't wanna know", Lucy said.

Holly entered the cafeteria and approached Izzie. Izzie stood up. Holly looked around and saw that everyone was watching them. "You really got a whole audience to watch? You're pathetic", she said before walking out.

Callie and Holly joined Bailey in Ruthie's room. "We're gonna use metal plates and screws to hold your ankles together", Bailey explained. "What's the recovery time?" Ruthie asked.

"You'll be in a cast for three months"

"It'll be longer if she doesn't eat", Callie said. "She eats,'' Will said. "Not enough to keep her bones from snapping", Holly said. "But you don't seem too concerned about that".

"What is your problem?"

Before Holly could answer, Ruthie started coughing up blood.

George joined Callie, Holly and Bailey in the OR where they were fixing Ruthie's bleeding duodenal ulcer. "Her damage is from malnutrition and ibuprofen. She's lucky to be alive", Bailey said. "Why would she do this to herself?" George asked. "People do stupid things when they're in love, it blinds you", Holly said, glaring at him. The monitor started beeping. "She's asystolic", Callie said. "Starting compressions".

Beck and Derek were operating. "Can you cauterize that vein to stop the bleeding", Derek said. "I can't see where it starts, the blood is coming a little too fast", Beck said, trying to play it cool. "Suction around it so you can locate the source", Cristina said. Beck then did it successfully. "Well done, Dr Jacobs. Yang, you can step in", Derek said.

Holly found Will smoking outside the hospital. "I thought the deal was that you'd stop smoking", she said. "I think Ruthie will forgive me after having emergency surgery", he replied.

"She won't, because she's dead. Her heart couldn't take the strain of starving herself and training"

"Ruthie wanted to lose weight, I just wanted her to be healthy"

"She was healthy 20 pounds ago, you just wanted her to be hot"

"I loved her"

George and Callie came outside. 'No you didn't. Maybe you didn't like to be alone, or maybe she made you feel better about your miserable life, but you definitely didn't love her because you don't destroy the person that you love!" Holly yelled. George pulled her back. George apologized to Will and took him inside. "Are you okay?" Callie asked. "No, no I'm not", she said, breathless, her eyes watering before walking back inside.

Holly ran into Izzie in the hallway. "I'm so sorry for the thing in the cafeteria", Izzie said. "I'm sorry about everything. I feel terrible". "You took advantage of George. You knew we were fighting and you took your chance to sway him. I trusted you. You were my best friend. I trusted you so much that I convinced myself I was crazy, but it turns out I wasn't", Holly said. "Then you humiliated me in the cafeteria. George may be the one that broke his vows, but you took something from me. You stole something from me, like a petty little thief. You are the one who should be ashamed. You are the one who should be humiliated. You are the one who should...don't you care come to me for forgiveness, you traitorous bitch".

George found Holly standing outside in the rain, facing away from him. "We have to get through this, Holl. I love you, you're my wife, we're having a baby. This can't be it for us. You can be mad at me but please don't throw us away", George said.

"I don't deserve this, George. I have been nothing but loyal and supportive and loving to you. I don't deserve the crap you've given me. I love you and I want to forgive you but I don't know how. Your best friend is in love with you. And I have to spend every day with her. Just imagine how that feels for me. I don't want to start being a mother with a broken family, but I guess I have no choice now. You're free. Go be with Izzie, you could have something with her. Because this, this is over. We're finished"

"Holly, I don't want to love Izzie or anyone else. I only love you"

"That's too bad, because you've lost the right to love me"

Beck came over to Cristina. "Thanks for saving my ass in surgery today", Beck said. "That's my job", Cristina replied. "Get Adam's post-op labs, 3". Beck smiled before running off to do so.

Alex and Holly sat on the bed in her hotel room. He had his arm around her and was rubbing her arm. She stared straight ahead of her silently. "I'm gonna be sick", she said. He brought the bin over to her and held her hair back while she threw up. After she threw up, she gasped. "I'm alone", she whispered before beginning to sob and gasp uncontrollably. He pulled her into his chest and rubbed her back. 

hope you enjoyed! comment your opinions! song is heart of glass by blondie