Rekindle: Chp 14

The one when Kevin gets lost:

"Brodie, call Cara and ask her what kind of coffee she wants. She could go ballistic if she gets the wrong kind of coffee." Brent asks as he places Kevin on the stool, looking at the menu.

"First off, you clearly don't know Cara well. She only did that when you guys were dating to piss you off. Second, she likes chamomile tea, she doesn't have coffee because it keeps her up at night, you should know that. Everybody knows that about her. Third, I won't call her to ask for her coffee order, she's already stressed as it is with dealing with the security people."

"Woah bro, no need to be so aggressive!"

"I'm not. I'm stating facts." Brodie says with a straight face, very much serious.

"Whatever, just order, bro," Brent says sourly, folding his arms.

After getting their orders, the two boys leave forgetting about the kid on the stool with his head down and eyes closed.

Another customer comes by a few minutes later and notices the lone boy. She sits down at one of the tables with her friends. 10 minutes pass and the kid is still there. Max and Ariana enter the cafe, looking around the coffee shop frantically. She gets up and walks up to the boy. "Hey, are you looking for that kid? He's been on that chair since I arrived."

Max and Ariana look over and Max rushes over to Kevin and scoops him up in his arms. "Oh, thank you so much. Thank god. Call Cara and tell her we found Kevin," he says to Ariana.

"I'm calling Sam to tell him to come back. You call her." She says.

Max tries taking out his phone but struggles. The customer sees and says, "May I?"

Max nods and she takes out his phone from his pocket. "Hey, I think I've seen you before. I think..at Svea's wedding."

"Oh? I'm her sister-in-law! Claudia." The girl sticks out the phone.

"Oh wait, you were the bridesmaid I slept with!" Max blurts out, taking the phone.

"Sorry? wait- are you Max? What are you doing here? I'm here on a trip for a few days with my friends. We leave in 5 days."

"Yeah" He sheepishly answers. "Hey, so am I! It's 10 days for me though. What hotel are you staying at?" The girl shows him the card and he exclaims, "I'm staying there too! What a great coincidence." He pauses and points at Kevin. "hey, I need to call my friend real quick, they're all looking for him."

"Go ahead." After finishing the call, pausing in between to ask if she was Svea's sister in law., the call finally ended.

"Hi, so um, why don't you give me your number, maybe we could hang out sometime?" Max asks.

"Yeah, sure. I'd like that." The girl blushes.

Hope you enjoyed! Let me now how it was!

Let me know some more ideas of what you'd like to see here!?

Love, Sal.