Part Nineteen | Victory or Defeat

Start from the beginning

-"Could this be a quirk at work? Hitoshi Shinso seems to have Izuku Midoriya completely stunned! He didn't stand out in the first rounds at all, but it's possible Shinso's crazy powerful! Who could've imagined this turn of events? That's the festival for ya!"- the boisterous blond added with a laugh, which Aizawa rolled his eyes at.

-"This is a perfect example of why the entrance exam isn't rational..."- Shota interrupts, gaining the blond's attention, along with some pro heroes in attendance.

-"Huh? Why's that?"-

-"Since we're on to the individual matches, I had some information compiled about our final competitors. Shinso failed the practical exam to get into the hero course. Since he also applied for general studies, he probably figured that would happen. His quirk is incredibly strong, but that entrance test consisted of fighting faux villains. Robots. It gave a huge advantage to those who had physical superpowers they could show off. Despite his abilities, Shinso never stood a chance at passing."- Aizawa states, shuffling some files in his hands, still hidden by heavy casts after the USJ Incident. The files brought to the top of the pile were of Shinso Hitoshi and Midoriya Izuku.

"So here we are. You're lucky to have been so blessed, Izuku Midoriya. Now turn around and walk out of bounds like a good little hero." Shinso ordered and Midoriya tensed for a moment before turning around. The arena grew deathly silent at the shorter teen began walking to the out of bounds line.

"Uh...what?! Ah! Midoriya's obeying him!" Hizashi bellowed as confusion swept over a majority of 1-A and the others in attendance.

"Oh no...Deku, what are you doing?" Uraraka questioned as she tightly clenched her fists and worriedly looked on.

"He can't walk out of the ring! He'll lose the match if he does!" Iida adds and your expression darkens at the satisfied smirk resting on Shinso's face.

"He doesn't have a choice right now." your sudden addition earned a jump and light squeal of surprise from Uraraka as she turned your way.

"He...doesn't have a choice...? What do you mean?" the brunette questioned and a few others in the class turned their attention to you, Bakugou included. Scowling, you glared at the field as Midoriya slowly walked closer to the out of bounds line.

"That's how that fucker Shinso got me to join his team for the Calvary Battle...His quirk, I think, is some kind of mind control. If you talk to him, consider yourself under his thumb, like a damn puppet." you seethe, missing the flash of surprise that flit over Bakugou's face before his expression grew neutral once more.

'Well that explains it...No wonder she acted so weird and didn't respond after he talked to her...'

"What? That's so unmanly!" Eijiro interrupts loudly and you glance at him in surprise before brushing it off and avoiding his eyes.

"It isn't, Shitty Hair." Katsuki replies quickly, making a couple others tense up with his words. Mainly Iida and Uraraka after just learning that you'd been under Shinso's control not too long ago. "It sucks but Mindfuck over there is using his power to try to win."

"I mean, yeah but..." with Kirishima's tone, you just knew he was eyeing you in pity (He wasn't). "Come on, man. You heard what L/n just said. Now we know why she flipped out on the guy like that earlier!" the red head hissed towards the blond. "You couldn't have phrased that any better?"