Back In Time

You and Wilbur are friends (he took you to his time, while you were in 2014 and he was 2037, you are not his family.) 

Wilbur drove the machine into a different time. “Wilbur where are we going?” You asked.

“Well you wanted to see your Mum for the last time, I thought maybe I should take you there.” He answered quietly, he looked over to you, but you had your eyes on the woman coming towards you and Wilbur. You jumped out and ran to the pillar. “Mum.” You whispered. The woman turned around and you hid yourself even more, she put the baby you and sobbed a bit.

“I wish I could take care of you.” Your mum said. You reached out to her, and Wilbur being a bit shocked, but you paused. ‘Maybe I should let her go.’ You thought. You silently crept down the stairs, but your shoe splashed in the puddle of water. Your mum whipped around, only you had already hid yourself. She knocked on the door to your future home and ran. When she was out of sight, you walked to the door and knocked twice, and ran behind the fence. Mildred opened the door and found you.

“Well hello there little one.” She said reading the note. “Please take care of my little girl, her name is (Name). Please keep her safe and secure.” She read aloud. She went back inside and you hopped back into the time machine. “Why did you do that?” Wilbur asked you.

“What do you mean?”

“You just gave her up.” That was true, you did give her up.

“That’s because I know I will get a family someday, and she can’t help it if she can’t look after me.” You answered. Wilbur took you back to your own time, where you left off.

“Well, here we are.” Wilbur said as you jumped out.

“Yeah, well umm…. Bye. And thanks for showing me my mum for the last time.” You kissed his cheek and ran inside.