#02 : diluc, of mondstadt

* maybe i'll update this book every other day yk? *

[ third person ]

---

"Not that it is of much importance, but," her finger circled the rim of her glass. "What's the name of the red head fellow that entered the tavern a moment ago?"

Kaeya's restraint on his smirk broke, and she knew she would regret asking him about that guy.

"Now this has gotten interesting."

It was too late when she had realized she was sorely mistaken to have asked Kaeya something like that. She was probably better off asking Jean or even Timmie about the man instead of the taunting senior she had practically no faith in.

Snatching his drink away from him, she huffed. "Do you know his name or not? I have no desire to play this nonsensical game of back and forth with you."

After spending the last half an hour on edge at the thought of encountering the pretty red head again, she was forced to accompany Kaeya who lived to evade her questions in order to test her limits. She was dying to know more about the male, and it was killing her to have to go through a thousand new questions to find out one thing about him.

"And if I do, what then?" The male beside her questioned with a cheesy smile. It was getting to the point where she was about to smack the hell out of him if he didn't answer her directly soon. "What will you do with that private information?"

"Private information, my ass. Your death is about to be private informati-"

"Ah, Master Diluc," Charles greeted cheerily. His eyes were turned towards a person who approached from the side. Both Kaeya and [y/n] looked over, finding the answer to the question she had asked long before.

The red head stood there with a neutral expression. His eyes met everyone's except hers as he approached Charles behind the counter. The blank look on his face slowly slipped away when he made eye contact with Kaeya. He now looked sour with his arms crossed over his chest.

She swallowed thickly. So his name is Diluc.

"You've got some guts showing up here after the stunt you pulled last time," said Diluc. His tone was sharp enough to let them know he meant business.

Kaeya chuckled and swatted the air. "That was so long ago. It's time that you forgive and forget."

"It was last night."

The silence that fell between the small group who witnessed the exchange was humorous considering Kaeya was like a deer in headlights after making a mess in the tavern the previous night before. It didn't help that he had booked it when he saw Diluc coming his way, probably on his way to tell him to clean this place up.

"Let's set aside the trivial matters for a moment and focus on something more important. I have finally convinced my precious junior to join me for drinks. My charm works its wonders yet again." The blue haired male pulled a cheesy smile at the thought of his persuasion finally working. Motioning to the girl beside him, he smirked, "this is [l/n] [f/n], but I'm sure you already know that, don't you?"

Diluc crossed his arms over his chest, choosing to ignore Kaeya's statement and look over at the girl, meeting her [e/c] eyes. His gaze was just as fierce as before, shaking her to her core. It made her feel small under his eyes, like she was a bug under a microscope. Her cheeks weren't helping the situation, burning up like wood in a fireplace.