American Gov.

This is a little one shot that I thought would be cute.
...
It was the first day at school for Alyssa since the news was made public that her aunt would become The Secretary of State for the United States of America. Her aunt let her and her father, so it wouldn't catch them off guard.

Alyssa was very close to her aunt. Alyssa's mother died when she was four years old in a car accident and her father never found love again. Her aunt was the only motherly figure since both her Nanas were dead. Her mom was an only child. She always was close to her aunt at family gatherings.

She was in seventh grade and she was a pretty smart kid. Her favorite class in school was American Government since her family was into history and government. Her teacher Mr.Hamilton was pretty cool guy, he was pretty young at 24. Most girls had crushes on him, Alyssa looked up to his ideas as a young teacher.

"So class did you hear the news?" The young man smiled.

"That they announced who the next Secretary of State was." Delia a girl who was kinda popular and rolled her eyes. "My parents had the news on all day as they broke the news."

"Yeah, but they had to get a new one since the old one died." Justin responded.

"What is our Secretary of States name?" Mr. Hamilton asked the class. "Alyssa?" Then looked to her.

"Her name is Elizabeth McCord." Alyssa looked at her teacher then to her best friend Katelyn who knew who her aunt was.

...

"Hey daddy." Alyssa hugged her dad as she dropped her backpack off after school.

"Aunt Bethie asked for you to call her." He kissed her head. The girl ran towards her phone and called her aunt.

"Aunt Bethie! How are you? How is your job. We talked about you in class!" The girl smiled as she pulled up FaceTime.

"I'm great! Alyssa that is fun! I haven't really started yet, but the job will be great, stressful though." She smiled at her niece.

"Maybe you can meet my teacher and class. American Government is my favorite class!" Alyssa exclaimed.

"Naturally." Elizabeth laughed." Maybe call me up." She told her neice.

*Few Months Later*

Her teacher had slowly put up signs for her aunt for president. It became uncomfortable for Alyssa, but today was the day her aunt would visit the class unexpectedly.

"Mr. Hamilton?" The principal Anne Keaton hurried in. "We have a guest." Secret Service stepped into the room and stood at the door.

"Your Madam Secretary's secret service!" Her teacher exclaimed. "Is she here?"

"Who's here." Elizabeth entered, her teacher gasped.

"Why are you here?" He asked curiously.

"Where is my Lyssa?" She smiled.

"Aunt Bethie!" The Alyssa ran and hugged her aunt.

"This is your aunt?" Her teacher was extremely shocked.

"Yep, she is the best." Alyssa hugged her aunt.

"I was wondering if you guys would like a personal tour by me to the Secretary of State building and the White House." Elizabeth suggested.

"That would be great." Mr.Hamilton responded calmly.

"I talked to Conrad and he would be very willing to meet this class."

"As the president?" Delia looked shocked.

"Yup." Alyssa smiled. "He is so cool."

"You've met our president?" Kayla asked.

"Yes, I did go to the integration when he became president because my dad was on a business trip and Bethie was watching me." She smiled.

"That is so cool." Nate said, who Alyssa had a big crush on.

"Thanks." Alyssa smiled and blushed.

The class was so interested in her job and what she did. The whole school went down to the auditorium so they could see her Aunt.

It really made her day.

...

Thanks. I hope you enjoyed it. It was supposed to be pretty short. Alyssa might show up in some more stories later on. Please review. I have been having writers block with The McCord Children so send me what would you like to see.