(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟓) the godparents

Start from the beginning

"He tried," said Tonks, striding over to help Bill and immediately sending a candle toppling onto the last piece of parchment. "Oh no — sorry —"

"Here, dear," said Mrs. Weasley, sounding exasperated, and she repaired the parchment with a wave of her wand. Harry gazed down at the papers in curiosity.

Molly had seen him looking. She snatched the plan off the table and stuffed it into Bill's heavily laden arms.

"This sort of thing ought to be cleared away promptly at the end of meetings," she snapped before sweeping off toward an ancient dresser from which she started unloading dinner plates.

Bill took out his wand, muttered "Evanesco!" and the scrolls vanished.
"Sit down, Harry," said Sirius. "You've met Mundungus, haven't you?"

Athena had completely forgotten the man was still there. She wasn't happy with him either. Disappearing had left to Harry getting attacked and consequently he was now facing a trial at the ministry.

"Some'n say m' name?" Mundungus mumbled sleepily. "I 'gree with Sirius. . . ."
He raised a very grubby hand in the air as though voting, his droopy, bloodshot eyes unfocused. Ginny giggled.

"The meeting's over, Dung," said Sirius, as they all sat down around him at the table. "Harry's arrived."

"Eh?" said Mundungus, peering balefully at Harry through his matted ginger hair. "Blimey, so 'e 'as. Yeah . . . you all right, 'arry?"

"Yeah," said Harry.

Mundungus fumbled nervously in his pockets, still staring at Harry, and pulled out a grimy black pipe. He stuck it in his mouth, ignited the end of it with his wand, and took a deep pull on it. Great billowing clouds of greenish smoke obscured him in seconds.

"Owe you a 'pology," grunted a voice from the middle of the smelly cloud.

"For the last time, Mundungus," called Mrs. Weasley, "will you please not smoke that thing in the kitchen, especially not when we're about to eat!"

"Ah," said Mundungus. "Right. Sorry, Molly."

The cloud of smoke vanished as Mundungus stowed his pipe back in his pocket, but an acrid smell of burning socks lingered.

"And if you want dinner before midnight I'll need a hand," Mrs. Weasley said to the room at large. "No, you can stay where you are, Harry dear, you've had a long journey —"

"What can I do, Molly?" said Tonks enthusiastically, bounding for ward.Mrs. Weasley hesitated, looking apprehensive. "Er — no, it's all right, Tonks, you have a rest too, you've done enough today —"

"No, no, I want to help!" said Tonks brightly, knocking over a chair as she hurried toward the dresser from which Ginny was collecting cutlery.

"I'm leaving" Kennedy stated suddenly.

Everyone turned in surprise as she stood up, casting a strange look at Harry as she grabbed hold of the bat sat next to her chair. Athena had been trying to convince her to leave that thing at home but her words had come to no avail. It looked as though they were inseparable.

"Really dear?" Molly asked hopefully.

"You haven't met Harry yet" Sirius pointed out.

Harry looked up to Kennedy in curiosity. The woman stood there staring at him as though he were a ghost. Athena found this strange. Kennedy and James had never been particularly close. They'd been friends of course but Athena always got the impression that Kennedy had gotten over the Potter's death.

"Hi Harry" Kennedy began slowly, "nice to meet you"

"You too" Harry replied quickly, "you're Kennedy aren't you?"