So now having Cole in my kitchen making food for me was like in the top five reasons why I was happy he was here for the week.

When I mentioned that to him, it made him laugh.

"I'll gladly take care of feeding you once we live together," he joked.

I liked that fact that it was once, not if.

We sat in the kitchen, smiling at each other over cheese.

"Where do you want to live? Once you're done with university," Cole suddenly asked me.

I was a little taken aback by the question. We always implied a future together, but we hadn't ever gone into the specifics of how our life as a couple would work.

"I'll live wherever the dance troop or orchestra that will want me will be," I answered, dipping another piece of bread in melted cheese.

"No place in particular?" Cole said.

"Well, New York would be nice," I mentioned, my cheeks heating up a bit. I had no idea why I was feeling shy admitting this. It wasn't like it was a mystery that I liked him and wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.

"It would. But I can also move you know. If you end up staying in Europe."

I blinked slowly. He'd thought about this, hadn't he? "Really?"

"I've checked about firms already that I could work with to help with the causes I want to support. I'd need to pass other Bar tests, but that's okay. It would be worth it," he explained.

He had thought about this, he really had. I felt all warm inside. "But staying in New York would be simpler," I pointed out.

"We're not planning our future on the simple option. We're planning our future on the best option," Cole pointed out.

"Well, this is all theoretical at the moment. For all we know, no troop and no orchestra will want me."

"You can always go back to live with your parents," Cole teased me.

"Oh god, I'd die. I love my parents, but I seriously don't get how they were able to stay in the same town all their lives," I admitted.

My parents were amazing people, and they loved each other, I had no doubt about that, but I always felt like they hadn't dreamt big enough.

"Right? I never really got it. Sure, they travelled a lot, but like our fathers... they stayed in different places during their whole childhoods. Our moms stayed in the same place, so it made sense for them to stay in the comforting place, but not our dads," Cole added.

"Maybe they needed that, after years of moving around. Maybe the needed something stable, a semblant of normalcy," I replied thoughtfully.

"Our fathers are the opposite of normal."

"Our parents, really."

"I still don't get it."

"Me neither. But they seem happy, and that's all that matters," I admitted. Happiness was really the only factor to take into consideration when deciding if someone had a good life. I had no doubt that my parents had a good life based on that standard. "I guess I just expect more out of my life."

"They also had us young."

"They did. Can you imagine having kids at our age?"

"Don't get me wrong, one day I'd love to have a family with you," Cole said.

"But not right now," I finished for him.

"God no."

"It's weird the way we're very similar to our parents on some things, but so different on others."

"We're improved versions of them," Cole joked.

After we'd cleaned up everything, I checked my phone and realized Nikki had texted me asking if I was going to come out tonight.

Usually on Saturday evenings we went to dance at a nightclub.

"What's with the face?" Cole asked, coming behind me to hug me.

"Oh, Nikki wants to know if I'll be going out tonight."

I liked going out to clubs on the weekend to dance.

The dancing I did all day at school and in dance troops was always kind of restrictive. I had a routine to learn, moves to follow, rules to remember.

There was very little spontaneity in making a ballet show.

I loved ballet, but often I missed my contemporary dances class back home, where I was the one inventing a routine and I could dance however I wanted.

On that dancefloor, I didn't have to be in time with all the other dancers on the stage. I didn't have to follow any memorized dance.

I could just have fun.

"Where are we going?" Cole asked me with a big grin.

I liked how enthusiast he was about whatever going out tonight was going to be.

And honestly, I wasn't exactly against dancing with my boyfriend.

"To a nightclub."

_________________

Hello my little Pumpkins! 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter where our little babies talk about their future life together. And you can look forward to what I have in store next week. ;P

I shall leave now, and go back to writing more.

See you all next week! <3 

Together in Berlinजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें