(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟑) dementors in little whinging

Start from the beginning

The only other person in the room was Tonks. She stood against one of the walls as she couldn't sit still for more than five seconds. Her hair was still pink and she was drumming some song on one of the counters with her fingertips. She was alone today without Hazel for company. Athena wondered whether Hazel had confessed how she felt. Yet again, there was a lot Athena didn't know.

Her busy thoughts were interrupted by the kitchen door opening. Molly Weasley walked in looking flustered as usual due to her immense cleaning spree of the house. She looked in an unimpressed manner towards Kennedy's heavy black boots on the polished table but she seemed to afraid to say anything. Everyone felt threatened by Kennedy, probably everyone except Athena but that didn't mean she'd say anything.

Behind Molly came two figures. Athena beamed as she saw Remus walk into the room. She'd only seen him the day previous however his presence always reminded her of the continuing good in the world.

Behind him came Elle Lupin. She had her long curls around her shoulders and looked slightly nervous as she walked into the room. Her gaze looking slightly lost as though she'd expected to find someone she knew behind these doors. She smiled as she saw Theodore who seemed just as glad to see his sister.

"Ah Elle the twins are upstairs" Molly told the girl gently as she noticed she was still in the room, Elle nodded politely as she turned to leave the room, her gaze landing on the end of the table only briefly. However this shift in vision was quick enough for Kennedy to notice. Her fox like tendencies perked up.

"You're Remus' niece aren't you" Kennedy stated simply. Remus (who had now taken the seat beside Athena) looked up stiffly, as though worried what Kennedy was going to say. Athena didn't blame him, Kennedy was nothing if not unpredictable.

"Yeah I am" Elle replied looking slightly confused. She glanced swiftly over to her uncle as she stood in the doorway.

"I'm Kennedy, Kennedy Vulpes" she said, extending her hand. Elle looked at it warily before she took it. Athena felt like holding her breath as she watched the two of them shake hands.

"I went to school with Moony, and Padfoot here" She winked at Sirius who smirked lightly.

"He never mentioned" Elle smiled awkwardly, evidently not knowing what to say,

"That's because we haven't seen her for fourteen years" Sirius barked with laughter, his lost expression suddenly vanished as though he'd been pulled to the surface once more "thought it would be funny to run away"

Kennedy's casual expression hardened as she stared at Sirius. Athena could practically feel the tension from where she was sitting. She clasped her hands awkwardly on the table as she watched Elle move her gaze up to the back of the room.

Tonks was now humming whatever song was stuck in her head and noticed that Elle was staring at her. It seemed the girl had taken interest in the two people she didn't know.

"Tonks" the younger woman smiled, holding out her hand immediately.

"Nice to meet you" Elle smiled. It was clear that the girl felt more relaxed around Tonks than she had been with Kennedy. Athena yet again understood this completely. Kennedy had gone back to ignoring everyone, including Sirius who was staring at her.

"I'll go find the twins" Elle added, turning with one more awkward wave as she left the room.

"You've got a good one there" Kennedy looked to Remus, "just like you"

"Let's hope not" Remus muttered under his breath.

Athena watched Kennedy open her mouth as though preparing to say something else however to her relief Kennedy decided against this and went back to sitting slumped in her seat as they waited for the rest of the order to get here.

Dumbledore arrived last yet again. Athena wondered whether it would kill him to be punctual. It wasn't as though he had a school to deal with at this current time. He waited until he took his seat at the head of the table to talk but when he did, Athena sat up straighter.

"We have a problem"

Everyone looked to him in worry. Tonks finally took a seat, Moody grunted in surprise and (to Athena's discontent) Kennedy smiled.

"What's happened?" Molly asked anxiously.

"Harry has used magic outside of school in the presence of muggles and therefore... the ministry have expelled him from Hogwarts"

"What?" Athena shouted, "Harry wouldn't do something like that unless he needed to"

"Sources from the ministry tell me he used the patronus charm" said Arthur who evidently knew about this.

"Why would thee be dementors in Little Whinging?" Aurora asked.

"Maybe he was trying to send a message" Remus suggested.

"It would be reasonable if he was" Athena snapped, "considering you cut off his contact with everyone he's ever known" she glared at Dumbledore who seemed unbothered by her angered tone.

"The ministry are keeping tabs on Potter but so are we" Dumbledore continued, "I've had Arabella Figg and Mundugus Fletcher tailing him—"

"You've had him followed?" Athena looked at Dumbledore in disgust, "are you forgetting he's a teenage boy who deserves some normality—"

"Fletcher is useless" Sirius laughed coldly, "did old Figgy see anything?"

"She seems to think there were dementors present" Dumbledore nodded, "she was furious because Mundungus left his post. At the time the magic was performed, there was no one keeping a watch on Harry"

"Arabella's a squib" Aurora pointed out, "muggles can't see dementors... where does that leave squibs?"

"Squibs can see dementors" Dumbledore confirmed, "Arabella says the darkness gave them cover but she could sense they were around, feel the life being sucked out of the air"

"This proves that Harry isn't safe with the Dursley's" Athena jumped in, "you were leaving him there to keep him away from the war but it seems that the war is being brought to him. He should be here, where it's safe"

"I agree" Dumbledore stated.

"You do?" Athena looked up in surprise. She couldn't remember the last time that Dumbledore had agreed with her on anything.

"The ministry are watching Harry, they believe him a threat to the institution they have built and therefore we have to be careful about how we go and collect him"

"We can't apperate" Bill muttered, "or use floo powder, and we don't want to draw attention to ourselves"

"What about brooms?" Tonks suggested, "Harry's a good flyer isn't he?"

"Oh the best" Sirius grinned.

"Wouldn't that be drawing attention to ourselves?" Asked Aurora.

"Not if we use disillusionment charms" Athena said "I'm rather good at those"

"Stay high, don't be seen" Moody added, "I think that could work"

"The Dursley's won't react lightly to a bunch of wizards breaking into the house" Remus mused, "it would be better if they weren't there"

"Leave that to me" said Tonks with a cunning smile, "I can get them out the house no problem"

"Nothing magic Nymphadora" Moody warned.

"Don't call me Nymphadora" Tonks replied, her hair turning a vivid shade of red, "I'll be subtle"

"Says the girl with the pink hair" laughed Charlie lightly causing Tonks to roll her eyes.

"We should act as soon as possible" Dumbledore went on, "the longer Harry stays there, the more danger he's in"

"Well then" Athena looked around, "let's go get Harry"

☽☽☽

A/n
Words - 1852
Published- 2nd July 2021

This chapters a bit shit
I have my house to myself
this weekend so me
and two of my friends
are having a Harry Potter marathon 😎