Chapter 2 - The One for Me?

BRING BRING

Y/n waltzed out of class, ready to attend the next lesson.

"It's a nice day outside," Y/n stated.

As they peered out the window, something caught their eye. Maybe it was the weather, maybe it was the people, but it for sure was a cherry tree being planted on school grounds.

"Haven't you heard? There are so many rumours about that cherry tree already," Y/f said as they tapped y/n on the shoulder.

"What are they about?" Y/n questions.

"Well, many people are saying that it brings people together, maybe forever," y/f expresses.

"Ahaha you still believe stuff like that?" Y/n scoffs.

"Well, they said that the cherry tree was just in the parking lot in a pot this morning, so the school decided to plant it," y/f informs you.

"I mean, I guess it wouldn't hurt to believe some dumb stuff. You know the things that go down in horror movies," y/n says.

Laughing as they walked towards their chemistry lesson, y/n bumps into the wall that revealed to be y/c.

"Oh sorry about that," Y/n says to Y/c as they shy away.

"Ah hey!"

Y/n turned back towards the voice that called for them.

"I was just wondering if you wanted to talk after recess about something, maybe under the cherry tree?" Y/c proposed suddenly.

Y/n felt their heart pound, very loudly at that, so loud that they were afraid everyone in the hallway would hear. Was the rumour really true, was this the beginning of their relationship?

"Why?" Y/n said with suspicion, but good suspicion.

"I have something to ask you"