Darkness

This feeling... I couldn't figure out what exactly what it was.. Was it pain? I couldn't tell... I couldn't open my eyes for fear of the bright light... I looked up and managed to crack open my right eye.. Black flames... engulfing everything... I could hear screams... A woman's voice? I hear a man laughing... SLAM!!!! I open my eyes.

I realize now that I was dreaming. I laugh a little and pull off my bed covers. Somehow they had managed to wrap themselves around my whole body very tightly. I finally get them off all the way and I walk over to the light and turn it on. I see my room after my eyes finally adjust. The dark black walls, seeming like they envelop even me as I look at them. My mattress is just sitting on the floor, dark blankets, a dark, velvet blue are scattered over it. I can see my laundry really needs to be done soon. My closet door is open and I can see some clothes have fallen down.

"Just like me" I managed to say. Then I started laughing. I started to leave my room and head to the kitchen when something caught my eye. There was a black envelope on my dresser and I somehow knew i didn't want to read it. I know I didn't put it there but I figured one of the cleaning people had left it. I walk over to the dresser, right as I pick it up, it opens all by itself. A large voice says, "It will happen soon! What happened back then will happen again!" I shuddered. I knew what "back then" referred to.

In the dream I always seem to have, I am a young child. I am at home, my mother has just tucked me into bed and my father is cleaning the dishes. Suddenly a million things happen at once: glass shatters, the walls shake, and it gets really hot all of a sudden. I crawl to my bedroom door and crack it open. I see a man standing in the hallway, his eyes full of hate, bitter hate, and his teeth sharp and shiny. He laughs and then vanishes. I crawl out the door more and see my mother, covered in blood, screaming. I don't know if it was her screams or mine I heard. I only knew unbearable, unimaginable pain.

Then the flames started. The black flames seemed to come from my mother's eyes. It enveloped her and everything around her in an instant. I see my father burning, my mother burning... Then the dream ends, the screams of a broken and scarred child still ringing in my head. The letter I was holding drops to the floor. I stare at it, not wanting, not willing to know or understand. The letter burst into a torrent of black flames and I see nothing but black.