Chapter 9: Two Bedrooms Please

Start from the beginning

Akaza: "So how do I look?"

Mitsuri: "It looks great on you!"

Akaza: "Thanks!"

He looked at me. I cleared my throat and covered my face a little.

Kyojuro: "You look nice."

He smiled cutely. We also bought him sunglasses (pretend they exist). Since all three of us had weird colored hair, he didn't want the hat anymore. We walked back out into the crowd. Me and Mitsuri were getting hungry again, so we stopped at a few food stands to get sandwiches, cooked meat, etc. Obviously, we were too tired to walk back to HQ in the dark, so we decided to stay at an inn for the night.

Akaza's POV:

Mitsuri: "Two bedrooms, please!"

She told the man at the front desk. I looked at her and then at Kyojuro who wasn't paying attention because he was trying to get the last bite of his cooked pork off his stick. I blushed a little. She looked at me and patted my back.

Mitsuri: "Don't worry, man. I got you. In reality, I tagged along because I wanna be your wingman. Kyojuro has been single for way too long. He needs someone to love. After I heard about you and the fact that you surrendered your demonic side just so maybe he'd be your boyfriend, I just knew I had to help you become a human again."

I blushed harder and rubbed my neck. I was definitely wrong about her when I first saw her. She's way too nice. Whoever ends up worthy of her love, should never let her go.

Akaza: "Thank you so much, Mitsuri."

Mitsuri: "That's what besties do, my fellow pink haired brethren."

The man gave us two bedrooms to stay in.

Mitsuri: "C'mon Kyojuro!"

Kyojuro: "Huh? You bought rooms without me?"

Mitsuri: "Yep! Let's go."

The three of us walked into the back.

Mitsuri: "Alright this is my room and this is your guys' room."

Kyojuro choked on his food.

Kyojuro: "Excuse me, WHAT."

Mitsuri: "Well, Akaza can't have his own room, and ladies need privacy. So you two are gonna have to share."

Kyojuro: "I- well you have a point. Oh well. C'mon Akaza."

Mitsuri: "See you two in the morning!"

Kyojuro: "Yeah yeah, cya in the morning."

Akaza: "Night!"

Mitsuri went into her room and shut the door. I walked into the room me and Kyojuro were gonna share. Of course, there was only one bed. Kyojuro walked over to the desk and put his sword down. He put the box on the wood floor. I just stood next to the bed holding my old clothes, not knowing what to do. Kyojuro turned around and looked at me.

Kyojuro: "So.. are you gonna try to fit in the box now or tomorrow morning?"

Oh yeah, I forgot I'm gonna be traveling inside the box.

Akaza: "I'll do it now."

I set my old clothes down on the desk. I picked up the box and set it in the middle of the room. I put it on its side, opened the door and stood back. Kyojuro just sat on the bed and watched.

Akaza: "Alright. Let's do this."

I shrank to about 2.5 feet (76.2 cm) and stepped into the box. I laid down on my side.

Akaza: "Okay, shut it."

Kyojuro kneeled down next to the box and stuffed my loose clothes in with me. He shut the door.

Kyojuro: "You okay in there?"

Akaza: "Yeah."

Kyojuro: "I'm gonna put it on."

Akaza: "Okay."

He lifted the box up, which made me lose my balance a bit, so I sat down. He put it on his back.

Kyojuro: "Alright, it's on."

Akaza: "I'm not too heavy, am I?"

Kyojuro: "Nah, not really."

I clapped my hands.

Akaza: "I can't believe I fit. This is kinda cool."

Kyojuro: "And now you can travel with me during the day."

I popped open the door.

Akaza: "Mhm!"

I jumped out and took my original size. He took the box off and set it down. Then, he climbed onto the bed.

Kyojuro: "Anyways, unlike you demons, us humans need sleep. I'd recommend you get used to sleeping again so you'll be able to endure the long boring rides ahead."

Akaza: "Okay, so sleeping... Next to you?"

Kyojuro: "I mean, if you want the bed, I can easily sleep on the floor. I've done it before. I just need a pillow."

Akaza: "No no! I was just making sure you'd be okay sleeping next to a demon."

Kyojuro: "I'm tired as hell right now, so I don't mind. You can take that side."

He pointed to the left side of the bed.

Akaza: "Okay."

He laid down on the right, pulling the blanket over him and blowing out the room candle. I sat down on the left side of the bed and stared at him. He wasn't facing me, which is understandable. I blew out the candle on my side and got under the blanket. I stared at the ceiling. Okay, so falling asleep. I haven't slept in years, so this might take a while. I twiddled my thumbs and looked around the room. I looked over at Kyojuro, who was falling asleep. I looked back up at the ceiling. I could really use that Lower Moon One who died last week, right now. I exhaled and closed my eyes.

I opened my eyes and I was in the clothing shop again. What was I doing? Oh yeah, looking for clothes. I was checking out clothing with Kyojuro, when suddenly I heard giggling. I looked over to where it was coming from and saw two girls checking out Kyojuro. Of course, Kyojuro was too oblivious to notice, but I heard every word of what they were saying.

Girl 1: "Who is he? He's pretty hot and just my type."

Girl 2: "I wonder if he's engaged, I could settle with a guy looking like that."

I blinked. They.. like Kyojuro. I started zoning out on the thought of Kyojuro with one of those girls. My eyes twitched and I gritted my teeth. I snapped out of the zone when I realized the girls were now staring at me.

Girl 1: "What's his deal? He's staring at us.."

Girl 2: "What a creep."

I turned around and walked away towards where Kyojuro was. Suddenly, I felt a pain in my hands. I looked down at them. There were fingernail marks that were bleeding. I hadn't even realized I was gripping my palms. I regenerated my hands and looked back at the girls. They were looking at some shoes. I looked at them with an irritated look. I want to kill them. I want to kill those girls.

Suddenly I woke up. I sat up and rubbed my head. I guess I had fallen asleep. Huh. It was still night out because I could still hear the crickets. I looked over at Kyojuro, who was facing me and fast asleep. I smiled at him. He's so beautiful, even when he's sleeping. I stroked a strand of his hair.

Akaza, whispering: "I won't let anybody have you but me."

I stopped smiling and got out of bed. I walked towards the door.

Akaza, whispering: "Even if that means taking out the competition."