Chapter 1

"zhaaaashh," it's raining hard that night. But the SCI team has to do their work. And now they are catching a drug dealer.

*****

"We got him," said Zhao Fu and Wang Shao to the HT while handcuffed Feng Pang, a drug dealer. Then Bai Yutong, Zhan Yao, and other police members come and take away Feng Pang. "Watch him closely," said Yutong. "Yes, Sir!" answered the rest of the team. And they all go back to the office to interrogate Feng Pang. 

When they all arrived, Yutong call Zhao Fu and say "Zhao Fu, bring Ma Han with you to interrogate Feng Pang. If he's difficult to work with, you can call Zhan Yao or me". 

"Yes, Sir!" said Zhao Fu, and he goes to the interrogation room with Ma Han.

Then the rest of the team continued their work. Yutong walked to his room and found Zhan Yao already sitting on the sofa while reading some files. Yutong looking at him with a small smile and then sigh a little, "go change your clothes, Cat, you can catch a cold. I don't want you sick." while sitting beside Zhan Yao. He's looking at Zhan Yao, who is seriously reading the files and ignore Yutong. Then Yutong grabbed the files, put them on the table, and leaned Zhan Yao's head on his shoulder.

 "don't read these files anymore. Go rest. We're handling more than 3 cases this week, don't push yourself too much. We only have one case left. Relax a bit, Cat." 

 "because there's only one case left, I wanna get it done now, so we all can relax, Yutong."

"no, we can take it slowly-no need to rush it. Besides, I think the last case will be more difficult than the other cases. Just look at my little kitty, he's exhausted and needs to rest, but he's a workaholic, so he can't. He doesn't care about his health. Work is most important than anything, even his boyfriend." Yutong let out a sigh. He looks at Zhan Yao and smiles at him. 

Zhan Yao was only smiling hearing Yutong comments. Zhan Yao closed his eyes and fell asleep while Yutong was caressing his hair. They ended up spending the night in the office instead of going back to their apartment to sleep.

*****

"YUTONG!! NOO!!." Zhan Yao screamed at Yutong and a man. "Please no, let him go, just take me instead, please I'm begging you, let him go, please." Zhan Yao continues to beg this man to release Bai Yutong. This man has his arm around Yutong's neck, and his other hand is pointing a gun at Yutong's head.

"If you dare to move, I will shoot him." said the man.

"Please don't, just let him go, and I'll do whatever you want. I promised you I'd do anything. Just don't shoot him."

"Put down your gun and take a step back." Zhan Yao dropped his gun and kicked it as he took a step back.

When Yutong saw Zhan Yao obeying the man's orders, he yelled at him, "Zhan Yao, don't listen to him!" The man is getting closer to Zhan Yao and suddenly points the gun towards him. Yutong's eyes widened as he used all of his strength to throw his body in front of the gun.

BANGG!

Zhan Yao screamed. He screamed with all his might, but there's no sound coming out from him. He's running towards Yutong, crying as he hugs Yutong, who is dying. There's so much blood flew from Yutong's body. "No! not like this, Yutong, please don't leave me alone. It's not supposed to be like this. YUTONG!! YUTONG!!" Zhan Yao screamed. The man stood behind Zhan Yao, and he whispered, "I told you don't fight it, you better hear it and obey it."

***

"Yutong!! Yutong!! No!"

"Zhan Yao, Wei, Zhan Yao, wake up, I'm here, Zhan Yao, wake up" Yutong shakes Zhan Yao's body to wake him up. Zhan Yao kept repeating Yutong's name, and he began to cry. Yutong starting to panicked seeing Zhan Yao in this condition. He continues to shake Zhan Yao's body, but Zhan Yao doesn't wake up. Then Yutong grabs Zhan Yao's body and hugs him tight while calming Zhan Yao.

"Cat, wake up please, don't scare me like this, I'm here, I'm here right beside you, wake up."

Yutong keep caressing Zhan Yao's back and soothing him. A few minutes later, Zhan Yao has been calm and slowly opens his eyes to find himself in Yutong's embrace. His eyes were a little bit swollen. He slowly looked up.

'You're awake, Cat. Is it another nightmare? I told you to rest, right? Look at these tears. They've ruined my kitty face. What exactly is it? "Hmm, what makes you cry like this?" Yutong asked with his soft voice. Zhan Yao was silent for a minute, and then he answered Yutong with his hoarse voice.

"Yutong... don't leave me, okay? I don't wanna be alone."  

"What are you talking about, Cat? When did I leave you? How could I leave you? Do I left you in your dreams?" Yutong broke the hug and cupped Zhan Yao's face. 

"No.., just don't leave me alone, okay" Zhan Yao sits on Yutong's lap and leans his head to Yutong's chest.

"Why don't you tell me about your dreams? How can I help you if you keep it from me? You've been getting nightmares for a month now." Yutong hugs Zhan Yao closely to his chest.

"No, it's fine. It's not as scary as your thinking. Maybe I'm too tired and overreacting. I'm still sleepy, let me sleep a little longer." Zhan Yao felt warm in Yutong's embrace as he closed his eyes.

* some notes :") *

hi all, so I'm not sure abt my writing style it just..... 😔, and I don't have any friend that can help me proofreading, bcs while I'm typing all of the stories, I just think like " RIP my grammar :") "

but yeah, I just wanna release my boredom by writing some story/fanfic, and like share my imagination I guess. if you read this 'till here, thankyou so much, maybe you can comment some ideas to put in the story. 

🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰