"Did you seriously just use the word connoisseur?"

     "Shut up. Anyways, what's your favorite song?" 

     I hummed in thought, "Probably Sweet Bod."

     "Oh my God I love that one too," He said excitedly.

     "Really?!" I said with a gasp. Maybe I really did like him, maybe my heart wasn't just toying with me. 

     He nodded, his smile growing even wider. 

     "Okay, okay, what's your favorite?" I asked, wondering if it was different than my favorite.

     He laughed, "I like Vow of Silence." 

     "Banger, so true," I said with a giggle. 

    We sat in silence on the carpet in my living room as I tried desperately to think of a conversation topic. "Are you like, allergic to water?" I asked him.

     "Yeah." 

     "That's cool!" I said and then immediately took it back. "I mean, it's not, uh, cool, per se, but from a researcher's perspective, it is, um, cool. Kinda. Sorry." 

     He burst into laughter at my odd fumbling. "It's okay, it's okay! You don't have to apologize, I know you're a curious person." He placed a hand on my shoulder, as if to comfort me, but all it did was made me feel like I was burning. 

    "U-Um, yeah, I'm curious I guess," CURIOUS TO BE HIS GIRLFRIEND!!!!!! My heart felt like it was going to fucking leap out of my chest at the physical contact but then he retracted his hand. 

     Another mention of the heart but it felt like mine deflated as I let out a short sigh that he definitely noticed. 

     "You okay?" He said with a joking tone and I exaggerated my sigh. 

     "I'm gonna go find my dad. Wanna come with?" I offered.

     He shook his head, "Your dad is scary. Good luck finding him." 

     I shrugged, "He's normally in his study or his room so I shouldn't have to go far." 

     "Oh. Okay. I'll wait here for you," Ranboo smiled.

     I felt my face flush and turned away before he could see and found my way up the stairs. 

     My dad wasn't in his bedroom. Or his study. Instead, Phil was in his study, poring over some documents. When I opened the door, his head quickly raised, his blue eyes wide. "Scarlett! What are you doing here?" He asked. 

     "Um... looking for my dad? What are you looking at?" I asked moving closer to the desk where he stood. 

     A hesitant look crossed his face. "This probably isn't the best way to say this, but, your father took off at midnight last night. Urgent matters from Dream, apparently." 

     I wanted to scream in frustration but all I did was stand there and try not to cry. Even if I had been hanging out with somebody, my dad would usually make time for me in the evening, and I was really looking forward to it. 

     Phil must've noticed the not-quite-despair on my face because he pulled me into a tight hug and started to reassure me. "He told me it would be a short one, so don't worry." 

     I sniffled a little bit and nodded. "Anyways. I have a guest right now so I think he and I will go to the mall or something if I can convince him," I said as I pulled away from his hug. 

     He gave me a sympathetic smile and said, "Okay. Have fun." 

     I went back downstairs to see Ranboo hanging from the couch by his legs, his back on the floor and his arms extended upwards holding his phone. When he noticed me, he tried to shift but ended up falling off the couch. 

     I erupted in laughter, "Are you okay?!" I asked while standing over him. 

     He wrinkled his nose up in a confused look, "Are you okay? You look like you just cried." 

     Oh, shit. "I'm fine. My dad, um, left last night, but it's okay. Now stop laying down on the floor it's weird for me to stand over you like this." 

     He laughed and got up, and now he was the one looking over me. Stupid Enderman. 

ok yeah im so sorry this took so long BUT I HAVE A COMPUTER NOW !!!! WRITING MOMENT SO TRUE !!!! thank u so much for all ur support <333