ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

Start from the beginning

"Have you lost your mind? There's no one there." As the dwarf countered my claim, a tug had pulled me from acknowledging him. The watchers appeared to suddenly feel alarmed, my eyes snapping to the possible reason why.

"Don't-" Being seconds late from halting Asterius from charging forward, all of the peace had abruptly been shattered to pieces. Everything looked to be happening so quickly, the six people coming out of their hiding spots to make a beeline towards our clutter. They split up to each take on two from my side at the same time, moving so quickly that it was difficult to focus on them.

As I was about to take a step to help them, a female suddenly landed in front of me. She didn't give enough time for me to react before she started swinging, quickly prompting me to take a sidestep in order to dodge it. I gave a huge leap backwards, wanting to regain my composure first before offering my own taunt.

My eyes involuntarily squinted at her, doing an instant observation from the lack of time to do so. She was smug in her poise, carrying both elegance and bravery in one standing. Her eyes were glaring harshly at me, growing more heatedly once it landed on my bracelets. After that, she then threw one of her weapons at me. I bent down to avoid it, having a chance to take a look at it which caused my eyes to widen.

The unknown female then blasted herself at me, raising her hand to receive the returning item then slicing it at me. I immediately used the wrist-guards to defend myself, curling my fingers to land a blow on her open stomach. It caused her to stagger backwards, not expecting for me to act unlikely from my appearance. To underestimate the enemy; the first faulting she made.

In anger, she then barrelled one hand fan in my direction, only getting thrown back by me. She retracted it once it boomerang-ed to her, closing her eyes for a split second then opening it with a large exhale.

Taking a slow step forwards, she then moved her hands in a fluid motion, taking a graceful twirl which boosted the momentum of her weapon's delivery. I countered it by catching it in my right hand, moving to the side once I heard her landing beside where I stood after she jumped there. Using the fan in hand, my hands expertly matched with her moves. In every kick she makes, I would defeat it with a punch or a dodge. With all the strikes she does, I'd let it meet my bracelets. It was almost an easy win to see, her getting more exhausted by the moment. Acting immediately, I jabbed my hand to the opening of her ribs, making her tumble backwards, momentarily loosing the sophistication in her moves.

Her mouth opened up from the painful plunge, even coughing out as she looked up at me with an alarmed gaze. "H-How were you able to deflect all of it!"

"How could I not?" Along with the curls of the sides of my mouth was my slow steps towards her.

"That's impossible, no one has ever done it successfully!" The mix of fury and fear on her voice was mingling together, reaching my ears like smokes of pure vulnerability. Once arriving in front of her, my hands quickly took my lasso from my belt then whipped it at her. It effectively held her in place, cancelling her predicted act of offense. A gasp echoed right from multiple places around us, all actions seemingly halting from continuing to move.

"Why wouldn't I know every step to the very dance that I made?" I then let my eyes glow a bright blue upon crouching down to her tired position, seeing her eyes widen in disbelief.

Just then, slow thumps suddenly sounded from multiple directions, my eyes catching the five other figures going down to bow their heads. Subsequently, as I finally landed my gaze on them, it occurred to me that all of them had the same feminine beauty, postures exquisitely balanced. Likely trained into polished fighters that had strong class.

Laid defeated on the ground were half of my companions, prompting me to click my tongue in playful disappointment. A snicker reverberated from me when I caught sight of Brinkkin's demise, face so scrunched in full irritation that it felt painful to watch. The ones left standing were looking at the scene in bewilderment, puzzled with the unexpected turn of events. Which was a bit of a shock for me too, seeing as I didn't expect them to courtesy respectfully.