Risks

Mohsin*

It hit 3 am as my stomach began to ache.
Seeing Muta'alib race passed me , I began to question why.
"RUN MOHSIN RUN!" I looked back questioning his demand.
All I could hear was the horrific sound of what seemed like an israeli tank coming towards us.
Where it was so dark that I couldn't even see a glimpse of where it was coming from. But all I knew that I was in danger. So I held my breath and ran fast as if I was going to be killed. Well, that was he plan of the brutal Israelis .
I panted as I breathed heavily, trying to make no noise.

All of a sudden, I looked forward, at the sight of Muta'alib and the baby as Muta'alib looked back giving me the eyes that read 'I think we're safe.' The israeli tank has suddenly turned back.

I caught up with Muta'alib as he held my shoulder as pointed straight."You and the child go. I'm going to stay here.Be safe."

I shook my head and said. " No! Muta'alib please. I'm begging you; Dont do this." Muta'alib looked at me and nodded as he replied "ok"

We walked on, trying to keep awake as our eyes began to tremble.

After another half hour, we reached to Mama's house.

Muta'alib held my arm and said "now I must go. Look after yourself."
I nodded my head and smiled " look after yourself. " He nodded as he past the sleeping child to me and turned back. Muta'alib was going to evacuate the other people.
I turned back, seeing Muta'alib run as I hoped he would be okay.

I walked in the door, seeing blood filled floorboards as I began to mumble. "Mama."

My eyes began to twitch as I felt my stomach cringe.

(The blood was when the israeli soldier had killed the palistinian and Mama and Laila were underneath the floorboards)

He opened the floorboard hoping Mama would be there awake... alive.

As he put his leg on the first step he tried to peer through only seeing a young lady with her head down. Where was Mama.
He climbed in , relived as he saw Mama welcome him with a smile.
"Asalamu Alaykum Mohsin." Mama said as she arose from sitting on the floor.

He looked at Mama and smiled but then looked back at Laila with confusion