Shadows of the past

2 years ago
     "Ready for your first time on the field?" Snart asked turning to his younger accomplice.

     "Yes sir cap" the teen smiled eagerly. He had been working under Snart for the past couple of months as a hacker. Usually, he could hack into the system from a safe house but for this job, he need to wire into the security system.

     "Good, we'll be leaving around six" Snart turned walking towards the door. Before he could leave Roy stopped him standing in the middle of the hallway.

     "Getting a little chummy there aren't ya," Roy said narrowing his eyes.

     "He's a good kid I was thinking of making him my protege" Snart replied pushing him out of the way.

     "I wouldn't get to attached if I were you" words that would echo in his nightmares for the rest of his life.

Present
     "Is that Grandpa?" Snart watched as Nate messed with the computer.

     "Yeah Pictures of him are hard to find" Nate replied not looking up "You just got to know where to look

     "Looks like you're gonna have a great story to tell your friends when you get back" Snart replied.

     "Back home?" Mate's head shoot up "2016 back home? You can't cut me from the team"

     "You're right because you're not a member of it," Snart said sternly "history is dangerous, no place for a-"

     "Historian?" Nate raised an eyebrow "That's weird...my grandfather's dog tags..they aren't around my neck"

     "So?" Snart crossed his arms rather unimpressed.

     "I haven't taken them off since I was a kid " Nate started looking around for the tags they were here a minute ago, and now they've-"

     "Vanished" Snart finished getting on the computer " That just great history has changed" Nate quickly scanned through some notes

     "That mission the JSA went on to track down Baron Krieger in Paris, they're all gonna die" Nate took a deep breath My grandfather too.

Timeskip
     "Grey, Are you sure about this?" Jax asked "bluffing at a card game isn't exactly the same as bluffing Nazis you're smart and analytical and stuff, and real deliberate, but when bullets start flying, analytical's not gonna cut it"

     'Well, thank you for pointing out my inadequacies" Stien replied sarcastically "and It's Captain Grey now.

     "Well, I'm glad it hasn't gone to your head" Jaxs rolled his eyes

CargoBay
     "Ouch, that had to hurt," Snart said noticing a bruise around the back of Nate's neck.

     "It must have happened when I fell after my grandfather decked me," Nate said shrugging it off.

Timeskip
     "The club is closed tonight for a private function" the guard growled.

     "Do you know who I am? I am Max Lorenz" Stien said impatiently "and I have never been treated with such rudeness"

     "Of course not" the guard replied apologetically "You're more than welcome here. He quickly moved out of the way letting Stein in

     "No sign of Krieger or the JSA" Snart reported from the bar "Canvass the area and stay on the comms"

     "Think I got something" Ray responded "The lady with the animal powers. He walked over to her he quickly gave her a bow holding his hand out "May I?"

     "What are you doing?" Amaya asked with a mixture of surprise and anger "I'm on a covert mission"

     "Not for long" Ray explained they danced "You and your team are all 24 hours away from being killed something changes in the future, and you all die"

     "Herr Lorenz, I must introduce you to General Gerd von Rundstedt He's a huge fan" The guard guided Stein.

"That can't be good," Snart said watching as Stein was then dragged to the microphone.

     "Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, My name is Max Lorenz, and I'm about to sing for you" Stein turned to the musicians "Key of A, watch me for the changes and try to keep up. One, two, three. One, two, three Edelweiss, Edelweiss Every morning, You greet me, Small and white, Clean and bright, You look happy to meet me

     "I know the Baron's plan," Nate said over the comm

     "Greet let's get the heck out of-" Snart was interrupted by yelling.

     "You did not salute the Fuehrer" A general yelled

     "Sure, I did, I'm all about saluting the Fuehrer" Ray responded nervously.

     "You're lying" the general growled.

     "You know what? I--I just--I have a little crick in my neck, and it's really hard for me to straighten my arm" Ray lied "H--h--ha-aw, heck" he said punching the general as an all out fight broke out. Snart and Stien quickly gathered the JSA members and lead them to the Waverider. .

Timeskip
     "What's important now is for all of us to stop arguing" Stein stated

     "Does your team ever stop arguing?" Rex asked as Mick and Ray were arguing in the background

     "What our fearless leader is trying to say is we're gonna help you whether you like it or not" Snart explained impatiently.

     "And given the laws of temporal mechanics, if you die, your grandson ceases to exist" Stein nods towards Nate.

     "I don't pretend to understand any of this time travel bunk, but these fellas do have a timeship" Henry jumped in "Might come in handy"

     "Well, we need a map of the area" Rex pointed out.

     "Bringing one online now" Gideon announced

     "What was that?" Amaya asked looking around

      "AI" Snart replied "A talking computer" both SKA members looked at each other confused.

     "There" Amaya pointed to the computer screen "I saw a few of Krieger's men studying a map of it"

     "So that's where Krieger's planning on making the exchange" Snart stated.

     "Nate overheard Krieger talking about making a trade for an Askaran Amulet" Ray informed the others.

     "Hitler has long amassed ancient artifacts such as this one" Gideon added "He may want the amulet because it conveys some sort of occult power"

     "Our objective is to take out the Baron and stop this exchange at all costs" Rex nodded

     "I propose we survey all military activity in the area to learn what we're up against" Stein suggests

     "Yeah we don't have time for that" Snart jumped in

     "I concur" Rex agreed "We should have both teams gear up while Dr. Stein and I finalize the details"