Day 1 at Eden Hall

It was day one at eden hall, meaning it was a few days after we got the news we were even supposed to go here, which means Charlie was still a nervous reck, as were you.
This was your outfit👇🏼

(Again your welcome to change it just use your imagination)  You think to yourself God I'm so not ready for today, I've seen varsity! And if I know one thing it's that they for sure ARENT going easy on us

You think to yourself
God I'm so not ready for today, I've seen varsity! And if I know one thing it's that they for sure ARENT going easy on us.
You start walking through the halls hoping to see one of your friends so you could hide and blend in with the crowd, either that or ask them for directions to the nearest cliff.
Rick comes up behind you
"Hey! Your a duck aren't you? They still let girls play hockey, pff pathetic"
You turn around
"Yes in fact I do play hockey, and I am with the Ducks. I don't know why someone with an IQ as low as yours would concern your self with my buisness..now be gone you hanous troll, I have places to be"
You laugh and walk away. And you can just tell that Rick was making a face of embarrassment.
Rick yells "I'll get you on the ice kid!"
You yell back
"We'll see."
The bell rings and to your suprise you were already standing near your classroom
Least i wont be late
Your about to walk in when you notice luis hitting on some random blond chick, you choose to ignore it and just get to class
*you walk into class and take your seat*
You notice Mindy and Luis are sitting in front of you
"It's annoying isn't it" Connie whispers to you.
"What do you mean" you play dumb, hoping you weren't THAT obvious..
"Well Luis and mindy duh! Like half the ducks know your head over heels for that boy Y/N"
Oh shit..maybe I am that obvious. I WANT TO SCREAM!
"Yeah yeah whatever just don't tell anyone"
Connie replies "cross my heart"

It's later after class and your by your locker, you hear luises voice call your name
"Hey, Y/N got a sec?"
"Yeah why?"
He takes a deep breath in and places his hand on your shoulder.
"I know we haven't talked in a while, it's just I've been talking to this new girl and she's really cute, hope you get it"
On the inside you wanted to cry and shout but instead you just..
"Oh no yeah I get it trust me I've noticed you guys"
You get cocky due to this subject somehow being triggering? Almost..
"Guess last year just meant nothing but do what you want.."
You slam your locker and walk away
Luis looks at you in a sulky face
That boy knows he done fucked up.
It's after school and Charlie texts you
"Hey, coach said last minute practice, get your gear and meet at the rink"
You reply back with
"Omw"
(That means on my way for those of you who don't know okay sorry on with the story)
You get your skates on and ride to the rink, along the way you see Luis, again..
But big shocker! He's getting out of Mindys red ruby colored shiney rich bitch convertible and walks into the rink.
Mindy waves at him and drives away
Has he gone mental..HER!? God
You follow him in a few minutes later and get your gear on in the bathrooms with Connie and Julie.
Julie asks you
"Hey Y/N, you've met mindy already right?"
Such a random question..maybe it had something to do with Luis. Had Connie told her what I told her not to tell anyone?
"I've seen her around a few times yeah"
Connie chimes in
"Yeah marking her territory!"
Your confused "what? Huh? What's that supposed to mean.."
To which Julie sighs and answers
"Well duh it means she stole your man ands obviously trying to get into his pants!"
So Connie did tell her, great. Who's next! AVERMAN?
"Nah Luis aint like that, soon enough he'll realize she's just like every other wannabe Barbie out their, and come crawling back. Like he did last year"
Connie then goes on to rush out of the bathroom "CMON WE GOTTA BE ON THE ICE"
You and Julie rush out and get on the ice.
"ALRIGHT EVERYBODY! 20 scrimmages then 4 laps blue line to blue line! Go! This isn't a knitting circle!"
Ughhh
You race to the cones on the ice and start to follow Julies lead around the cones
(Lol Luis is behind you girly 😩)
(Ok sorry)
About 20-25 minutes later and everybody has finished practicing. But coach has another thing up his sleeve. And no, it's not in your favor.
"Okay everybody line up I want to try and excercise with you all"
"What is it" you ask?
"I'm getting there" coach Orien says.
He goes on to tell everyone about the excercise.
"You guys can play hockey, you play good, some of you have your flaws but still we can work with them and this is how"
He continues
"You guys are used to working as a team and going against your opposing team. Now your all going against each other. No more team, it's all for one. Learn to use your teammates advantages and maybe even disadvantages. It makes you stronger as a team"
This is one long ass excercise..
"Averman, Portman, get on the ice!"
To which avermen says "okay what are we doing exactly, and is it safe"
"Shut it averman get on the ice you'll be fine"
Orien assures averman
Averman and dean line up next to eachother by Coach on the ice.
"Okay now averman your small and frail and dean is..well the opposite.."
The team giggles.
"Each of you take one side of the rink and let's see who can make the first goal"
"GO!"
Averman and dean take their positions.
Averman heads over to left center where dean is skating hoping to make a score on Averman.
Dean makes a proud swoop down and knocks averman right off his feet, takes the puck and makes the score.
The Ducks cheer
Charlie shouts out from the box in the stands
"Okay but what does this teach us coach?"
Coach Bombay smirks
"Glad you asked, well it teaches you that obviously, because dean is bigger, stronger, more people will bet on him to win so to speak..but add a little bit of strategy to this one on one game and watch the magic happen"
Averman, Dean back to your positions!
Bombay goes over to averman
He whispers to him
"Look kid, you might be small but don't think of it as a disadvantage. Use it."
Averman smiles "got it coach!"
The play another round
Dean goes into it to body check averman
He uses his small size and big brain to go under dean, steal the puck and make the score.
The team cheers
"Alright way to go averman!"
"Whooo!"
Coach Orien then says
"Alr Mendoza, Y/L/N"
"Get up here, we're gonna race"
"Now Luis your record from line to line is 1.9, Y/N your record is 2.0"
You and Luis look at eachother awkwardly
"So your gonna race, find the advantages and disadvantages, use them, break luises record maybe.."
"Not gonna happen coach im the fastest kid on the ice"
Luis says proudly
"We'll see about that Mendoza"
He then says
"Okay so we're on a last name basis now okay I see how it is"
You scuff
Coach then yells
"Cut the chit chat get to the line!!!"
You both skate to the line
You think to yourself
Use the advantages and disadvantages..hmm..got it! He can't stop! I can pass him while he's losing balance!
"Ready"
"Set"
"Go!"
*you race*
Luis starts to trip, trying to maintain balance he looks down.
You start off slow to make him think he's got this in the bag.
But then-
You skate past him keeping your head up
"Sharp turn Mendoza?.."
You finish quick but Luis finishes about a second later, he crashes of course but still.

"Wow okay I guess we have a new fastest kid on the ice"
Coach says
"You know I'm going to be honest I didn't think you would win Y/N"
You then slash back at him with a little bit of attitude
"Don't underestimate me, after all, I am the fastest kid on the ice"
You look over at Mendoza giving him the
"Sorry but also I don't regret it kind of look"
Luis then gets up and walks back out to the stands.
You follow behind him
"Okay..practice over. You can all go home or do whatever young people do with their boring lives"
Coach Orien says with a sour tone in his voice.
*everybody gets changed and leaves the rink*
You bump him and walk ahead of him leaving the rink, you seem mad.
He runs up to you
"Are you okay? I get the feeling your mad at me considering what you said by the lockers earlier.."
He really seemed concerned
You didn't want to tell him you were upset that he was avoiding you to hang out with mindy
That would be selfish
But it's MINDY!
You just say instead
"You know what it's nothing, I'm good I swear"
You turn around and walk out without letting Luis get another word in

"Damn"
Luis mumbles.

Luis tried calling and texting trying to make sure you were okay but eventually he gave up. You didn't want to talk to him after everything.
So you just let him go..