EYE OF THE TIGER

♠︎

♠︎

"you're positive that was dart?"

they were now on mirkwood, trying to find where the monsters had gone off to.

"yes. he had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt." dustin told him.

eve was now on steve's back, her eyes were drooping. she was the definition of fatigued.

"he was tiny two days ago." max stated.

"well, he's molted three times already." dustin said.

"malted?" eve said tiredly.

"molted." dustin corrected her. "shed his skin to make room for growth like hornworms."

eve's nose scrunched up in disgust.

"when's he gonna molt again?" max inquired.

"it's gotta be soon. when he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it. and so will his friends." dustin claimed.

"yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats." steve confirmed, hoisting eve up more on his back as she was slowly sliding having dozed off. she jolted awake when he did so, a small gasp escaping her lips.

dustin glared at steve, clearly not wanting lucas to know about that.

"wait, a cat? dart ate a cat?" lucas said in shock.

"no, what? no. what are you talking about?" dustin denied, hoping steve got the hint to drop the subject.

"he ate mews." steve didn't get the hint.

"mews? who's mews?" max asked.

"dustin's cat." eve told her.

"eve!" dustin hissed.

lucas then turned to him, pointing a finger at him. "i knew it! you kept him!"

"no! no. no. i... no, i... he missed me. he wanted to come home." dustin stammered out.

"bullshit!" lucas swore.

"i didn't know he was a demogorgon, okay?" dustin said, truthfully.

"oh, so now you admit it?" lucas bellowed.

"guys, who cares? we have to go." max chimed in, just wishing they'd drop it for now.

"i care! you put the party in jeopardy! you broke the rule of law!" lucas snapped.

"so did you!" dustin shot back.

"what?" lucas furrowed his brows.

the back and forth bickering just made eve's headache even worse, she just wished they would shut up.

"you told a stranger the truth!" dustin said, accusingly.

"a stranger?" max scoffed, obviously knowing dustin had been referring to her.