Chapter 15: Sopophorous

Começar do início

"I heard someone needed some Sopophorous beans for an upcoming potions class," he said teasingly. "And since said person killed one of the Sopophorous plants, I figured I'd show her how to properly care for them." She rolled her eyes but couldn't help but smile.

"Fine. Show me," she said and looked at the plants.

"I thought you had a N.E.W.T. in Herbology," he said, grabbing a bucket filled with Mooncalf dung. It smelled horrible.

"I do," she said and grabbed two new, bigger pots for the quickly growing plants. "But I only got an Acceptable because I managed to kill a Flutterby Bush in my seventh year." He giggled softly and shook his head. 

"I told you, you're doing this too theoretically. You need to put some more of your heart into it," he said and wrapped his arms around her from behind. He placed his hands over her and gently helped her take the plant from its pot.

Her heart started racing and she bit on her bottom lip. Their fingers intertwined as he guided her in re-potting the plant. He was mumbling a few things about the plant or plants in general, perhaps even about something else, she wouldn't know, she was too distracted by the way they were standing.

He pressed a gentle kiss behind her ear before letting go of her again and grabbing a few more plants. She stood still for a moment, hands on the table, completely struck by what had happened just before.

"That's how you do it," Neville said, snapping her out of her thoughts about his arms wrapped around her.

"Hm? Oh yeah," she said. She had thought a lot about Mrs Longbottom's words but she still did not want to go any further than sneaking in the occasional snog. She was still convinced Neville deserved better, someone who wasn't a werewolf. "I can manage to re-pot a plant I think."

"Then how did you kill it?" he asked, carrying four plants in his arms. His sleeves were rolled up and it made her mind go crazy.

"Too much water apparently. Derek, a seventh-year, told me that at least," she said and shrugged her shoulders. "I'm sorry for killing the plant." He chuckled and shook his head. "Neville! What's up with you today? You're all smiley and giggly!"

"What? Don't you like it?" he asked, raising his eyebrows. She rolled her eyes.

"Of course I do!"

"Then deal with it," he said, pressed a kiss on the top of her head. She scoffed and shook her head. "Cass! I just woke up in a good mood, okay? Then I had two good classes, spent some time in the greenhouses and now I'm spending more time in my favourite place with my favourite person so yes, I'm happy today. Besides, gran would haunt me if I kept sulking in my sorrows." He chuckled which made her chuckle.

"I'm sorry, I'm happy that you're happy. I'm just worried. I don't want you to hide away your true feelings or anything," she said and walked up to him, wrapping her arms around his waist. He smiled down at her and wrapped his arms around her in return.

"I'm not hiding anything, I promise," he said. "What about you?" She frowned a little. She hadn't really let herself get too caught up in her own feelings because she wanted to be able to be there for Neville. But today she felt okay because he felt okay.

"I'm great, really." He nodded and leaned down. She stood on her tiptoes until their lips touched. Their kiss was soft and gentle but she knew that he had been missing her lips too. There was a sense of hunger in his kiss. He placed his hands on her cheeks and deepened their kiss slightly.

She hummed softly against his lips, holding onto his blouse tightly. He smiled against her lips and pulled back again, lowering his hands to her waist once more. His eyes went wide and he laughed softly.