Chapter 1

AN: Videos are posted soon after chapters on my TikTok @blyn99

September 9th, 1979
     Narcissa is propped up against the headboard, holding a newborn baby. Lucius walks in and kisses her forehead. "I'm so sorry I couldn't be here for you Cissa." Lucius says.

"It's fine love." Narcissa replies.

"So, how is our little boy?"

"Actually, little girl Lucius."

Lucius pales. "What?" He starts to get worried. "My father is going to be angry."

"Lucius what's wrong?"

Lucius runs his hands through his hair in frustration. "Malfoy firstborns are always male. Always. My father is expecting a grandson."

"It was out of our control Lucius."

"He's not going to be pleased Cissa." Lucius paces. "I- I need some air." Lucius walks out of the room.

"Lucius!" Narcissa sighs and looks down at the baby in her arms. "I will never let anyone hurt you, Ursa. I promise I will always protect you. My baby girl... my Little Cub."

Narcissa looks up when she hears a knock on the open door. "May I come in?" Druella asks.

"Of course Mother." Narcissa replies.

Druella walks in and sits in the chair next to the bed. "So?"

"A girl."

"I'm so happy for you Narcissa. I passed Lucius in the hall. Why did he appear to be angry?"

Narcissa sighs before answering. "Apparently Malfoy firstborns are aways male and Abraxas is not going to be pleased."

"Everything will be alright dear. Can I hold her?" Narcissa nods and gently passes Ursa off to Druella. "I know Lucius only thought of boy names. Did you determine what you wish to name her?"

"Ursa Jade."

"I am sure your father will approve of that. It follows the tradition."

"It is not him I am worried about. I'm more worried about Abraxas not approving. I am scared he may try to hurt her or do something to her." The room is silent for a moment. "Why does my name not follow the tradition?"

"Well, the Black family is very patriarchal. After having two girls already, your grandfather really did not care what we named you. He cared even less when he found out it was not safe for me to have another child, which meant he was not getting a grandson from me. So, I named you what I wanted to name my daughter when I was younger. Your father refused to listen to him saying that it did not matter if I died as long as the baby was a boy." Narcissa starts to tear up. "What is wrong Narcissa?"

"I have not told Lucius yet. I am so scared to tell him."

"Tell him what dear?"

"The healer said... it is highly likely that another pregnancy and child birth would kill me. I did not give him a son and I cannot try again. I'm scared he is going to leave me or-"