Chapter 13: Christmas

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Hi," he said before his smile reappeared on his lips again. "Wow, Cass. You look- wow," he said, stumbling over his words. She blushed a little. "You look beautiful." His words made her heart flutter and for a moment she was completely drunk with attraction towards him.

That was before she got snapped back into reality where she was a werewolf which was the sole reason why they were celebrating Christmas today and not two days ago when it actually was Christmas.

"Thank you," she said sweetly. "You look really good too, Neville." They hugged each other quickly before she walked inside. There was a table in the middle of the room with two chairs. It was set with a red table cloth and gold, red and green decorations. There were two plates ready and a bunch of food in the middle.

"Holy- Neville! It looks amazing," she told him, turning around to him again. He smiled a little, a faint blush on his cheeks. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" she cheered and hugged him tightly again. He hugged her back and chuckled softly.

"I just think you deserve a Christmas dinner too," he told her and pressed a soft kiss on her cheek before leading her to the table. He pulled out the chair for her and she sat down, still holding the gift. He sat down on the chair opposite of her and picked up a bottle of Daisyroot Draught that stood on the table.

"Thank you," she said and nodded. He handed her a glass and clinked it with his.

"Happy late-Christmas," he smiled. She giggled and nodded.

"Happy late-Christmas," she replied. "I got you a present." She lifted up the small box and handed it over to him. He was beaming with joy as he took it from her.

"You didn't have to do that!" he exclaimed, ripping off the wrapping paper gently.

"I know but I wanted to," she smiled. He opened up the box and pulled out the book first. He held it so gently it seemed that he feared he could break it. His eyes scanned the title and cover and he stroked it gently.

"It's brilliant! I love it, thank you," he said and placed it on the table. He was smiling so brightly, it brought joy to her heart. He carefully took the plant and she heard his heart skip a beat.

"It's a mundane plant. I know nothing about it but I just thought it was really cute," she said quickly, rubbing her hands on the side of her dress nervously.

"Oh! It is really cute. I know which one it is. A String of Hearts." String of Hearts.

"What?" she asked. Now she noticed it too. The small leaves of the plant did look like hearts. Did she give him some sort of lovey-dovey plant now?

"It's called String of Hearts. Ceropegia woodii. It's cute, right?" he asked, smiling and checking out the plant. She nodded, feeling her cheeks turn pink.

"Yeah, it really is." He stood up and walked over to a cupboard near the window. He placed the plant on it and put the book next to it before getting rid of the box and wrapping paper. He walked over to his desk and fumbled in the drawer. She followed his every move with her eyes.

"I actually got you a gift as well," he said, pulling out a small box. He walked back to the table and sat down, handing it over to her. She raised her eyebrows at him, the corners of her mouth curling up. "Well, go on then." A faint blush appeared on his cheeks.

The box was emerald green and felt soft on the outside. She carefully lifted the lid off and placed it on the table. Her eyes went wide and she carefully touched the necklace that laid inside the box.

"Wow," she whispered. It was a dainty gold necklace. There was a small, round gemstone attached to it. It had blue-purple colour and shone brightly. "Neville, it's so beautiful." She looked up at him.