"You must like roses," Y/n turned to the bush full of flowers so red they looked like cinnabar. "I've seen many around here."

"I do." The Empress' green eyes sparkled as she smiled. "I especially love the meanings of it."

"You know the meanings?" Y/n's heart thumped impatiently as she made her way back to Navier. "I mean– you actually care about the meanings?"

"Of course..? Is it not a common custom to learn these things in the West?"

"Oh," She she raised her brows, the bounce in her step disappearing. "I guess– I, um, yes. It's common in the West, too."

"I didn't know you'd be excited about it, perhaps it's becoming quite a bore these days. Maybe not many learn it."

"Not at all, it's all so unique and amazing and well– meaningful. It's something that should never disappear." She looked a little breathless. "Do you know the meaning of Camellias?"

"Yes, I do."

"What about Daisies?"

"Of course."

"And Petunias?"

"Yes, Princess, I do."

"That's so good. I mean– it's more than good, of course. What else do you know? Hydrangeas, Tulips, Acacias?"

"Yes, all of them."

══ஓ๑ ✦ ๑ஓ══

The windows to the guest room were opened to the display the proud sun's golden wings. It was a clear morning with dancing sparrows and chirping songbirds.

All while the Princess was stuck inside.

"Thank you," Y/n said, not looking up. Her lady-in-waiting had just brought her a plate of pastries.

"Of course, Your Highness, but– I've been wondering why you're so busy today." Celenne eyed the lemon tea she had prepared earlier. "You haven't touched your cup at all."

"Oh," The Princess finally put her pen down, glancing at the food that was prepared. "I'm sorry, I got carried away. I'm not so sure why I've gotten so many letters today."

"They must be important."

"I guess, I mean, it's just formalities, right?" She sighed, flipping through the papers. "They don't mean anything of it."

"Don't stress too much, Princess." Celenne put a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "These things don't require too much thinking. The nobles will be content with the sight of a letter."

"I suppose you're right. However, I've been thinking – If I cannot do these, at least, how can I do other things? I have to get used to it. I have to get better at it." She picked up her pen again, and continued to write and fold, write and fold.

"You're going to exhaust yourself, Your Highness."

"I'll be alright, Celenne, don't worry." She smiled and pat her hand. "I've always been."

══ஓ๑ ✦ ๑ஓ══

There was a vast field, full of infinite flowers. White, freshly bloomed flowers that encapsulated the grassland.