- 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞

Start from the beginning

"And you will need strength, for a great darkness is coming. The city your forefathers left you is now overrun by pirates, beasts, and vampires."

Papa Tunde took the python from his sons and threw it into the fire, and many of the witches gasp in surprise and fear.

" I practice other magic, as well. Sacrificial magic-- channeling power from the lives of my offerings. I use this strength to vanquish my enemies, and I will punish your enemies for their greed. In return, you will accept my family into your coven, and me as your leader."

✧✧✧

A Meeting In The French Quarter 1919...

Two men entered the room and joined Elijah and a police officer, who are seated at a table

"Gentlemen, make yourselves at home. Mayor O'Connell appears to be running late, but there's much to discuss, so I shall begin."

"One moment, please, brother. You know how much I enjoy these illicit, little gatherings." Klaus said walking down the stairs as they joined him.

"Do not be troubled. Despite my brother's reputation, I can assure you, we've invited you here to broker in peace. You have my word." Elijah said to the men.

"And, lucky for you, my brother always keeps his word. You two are from the Guerrera crime family, a brutish pack of thieves and killers. And that's nothing compared to what you become on a full moon, is it?" Klaus told them.

"Yes, yes, yes. Of course, a bite from your kind is not lethal to an Original. Conflict between us would not end well for you at all. Let's state our proposal here. My brother and I control the ports of the city, but with Prohibition soon to be the law of the land, there'll be a certain uptick in the kind of federal presence we prefer to avoid." Elijah said.

He added "Therefore, I'd like to suggest a system whereby-- under our supervision, of course-- the Guerrera family can traffic alcohol into the city of New Orleans for a profit. We would still be in charge, but our rule would remain a secret."

Papa Tunde walks into the room with his sons following behind him

"This all sounds very good, but tell me, how will it benefit the witches?" as Elijah said "I am sorry. This is a private meeting."

Yes, for kings of the city. But I, too, am a king, and I have rules.

"I'm impressed. You're either quite ambitious or quite mad. What's your name, mate?" Klaus said

" I am Alphonse Bellatunde Delgado-- Papa Tunde to my followers-- and I come to ask that the witches be granted fair tribute for allowing your existence in our city." Pappa Tunde told them.

"Are you suggesting that you speak for the French Quarter witches?"

"I do now, and I expect our future negotiations to go very smoothly. As a guarantee, I brought a gift. I await our next gathering."

His twins place a medium-sized leather case onto their table before they leave with Papa Tunde.

Everyone else gathered around and watched as Klaus lifts the lid on the case.

Inside was the severed head of Mayor O'Connell, whose forehead had a magical symbol carved into it.

"Well, I suppose we'll need a new mayor." Klaus said.

✧✧✧

Marcel came down the stairs into the courtyard with a bottle of bourbon in his hand. Diego saw him enter the room and approached him when Marcel walked over to sit down at a table