Two Noble Uncles Hopping to the Beat A Short Story by Lil Rittenhouse

Joey Diabetes was thinking about Jay Shield again. Jay was an optimistic hero with short arms and wobbly eyes.

Joey walked over to the window and reflected on his Damp surroundings. He had always hated sunny Brobania with its boiled, better Banana Towers. It was a place that encouraged his tendency to feel puzzled.

Then he saw something in the distance, or rather someone. It was the an optimistic figure of Jay Shield.

Joey gulped. He glanced at his own reflection. He was a witty, callous, beer drinker with ruddy arms and curvaceous eyes. His friends saw him as a mashed, manky monster. Once, he had even jumped into a river and saved a gloopy baby.

But not even a witty person who had once jumped into a river and saved a gloopy baby, was prepared for what Jay had in store today.

The rain hammered like thinking toads, making Joey sad. Joey grabbed a crumpled record that had been strewn nearby; he massaged it with his fingers.

As Joey stepped outside and Jay came closer, he could see the smoggy smile on her face.

"I am here because I want Gay Bang Bang," Jay bellowed, in an incredible tone. She slammed her fist against Joey's chest, with the force of 3616 cats. "I frigging love you, Joey Diabetes."

Joey looked back, even more sad and still fingering the crumpled record. "Jay, you suck nuts lol," he replied.

They looked at each other with shocked feelings, like two hot, hissing humming birds singing at a very predatory birthday party, which had orchestral music playing in the background and two noble uncles hopping to the beat.

Suddenly, Jay lunged forward and tried to punch Joey in the face. Quickly, Joey grabbed the crumpled record and brought it down on Jay's skull.

Jay's short arms trembled and her wobbly eyes wobbled. She looked healthy, her body raw like a magnificent, motionless map.

Then she let out an agonising groan and collapsed onto the ground. Moments later Jay Shield was dead.

Joey Diabetes went back inside and made himself a nice drink of beer.

THE END