Chapter 40: The Secret Spot

Depuis le début

I walked in through the big, brown wooden doors and I could instantly hear music coming from out back, mixing with Athena and Tommy's usual bickering.

"Tommy you fucking asshat! I'm gonna beat your skinny fucking ass all the way to Covina and back!" Athena yelled in her deep, raspy voice.

"Gotta catch me first chicken legs" he yelled as he cackled and ran through the big French doors, almost bumping into me.

I looked out at Mick who was shaking his head disapprovingly. "Just don't ask" he sighed as he stood up with a beer in his hand and walked over to Vince, Slash and Duff who had congregated around the barbecue.

I looked over at the fire pit and saw Ashley standing there, leading the conversation, while Maggie, Gloria  and Sean all sat around sitting on cocktails as they listened to her.

Ashley waved her hand as she continued to talk, and the rest of them just smiled and waved. I put my hand up and walked over to be with the guys.

"Ayyy! Sixx you made it!" Vince said as he put the tongues down. He was dressed in some blue Hawaiian shirt with some denim shorts and a white fedora.

"Cool shirt" I smirked.

Straight away, Duff handed me an ice cold bottle of Jack from the ice box.

"Tommy told us Liv stopped by, figured you'd need it" Duff said as he patted my shoulder.

I let out a little sigh and shook my head. I was about to tell them what happened when Ashley came strutting over. "Hey! Where's Lita? Is she stopping by?" She asked.

"Uhhh..."

I glanced behind her and saw Tommy come galloping out, picking up his beer off the table. "She probably won't be again, now Liv's back on the market... right dude!?" he smirked.

I saw Athena barge past him and roll her eyes at the sound of Liv's name. Ashley was stood there pouting as she looked at Vince.

"What happened!? I thought Liv and Dave were awesome" Maggie asked innocently as she walked over with everyone else.

"Who even cares" Ashley sneered.

I felt like everyone was boxing me in and the only way I could get away from the glares without causing a scene, was to just tell them what had happened.

Ashley and Athena were taking a bunch of swipes and digs at Liv and it was pissing me off. The record player that was blasting Vince's AC/DC records kept short circuiting which was driving me nuts and I could feel my head spinning at a million miles an hour. "Look, Liv stopped by because she got back from cake tasting or whatever and she caught Dave in bed with Lita! Now can somebody turn that fucking record player off!" I snapped.

Everyone's faces dropped and the air filled with gasps. I cracked open my bottle of Jack and started chugging it. When I said those words, I started to feel a little embarrassed and my ego really took a beating. Dave was fucking everywhere. He stole Liv right from underneath me and then had the fucking nerve to hook up with Lita. I knew things weren't great in my relationship or theirs but I didn't think it was bad enough for mine and Liv's arch enemies to do that.

While I was caught up with my thoughts, Gloria and Maggie had managed to find a radio and plugged it in. Mick snapped me away from my thoughts when he pulled me aside.

"You doing alright buddy?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm alright, I just..." I sighed. I had this feeling in my gut that just made me feel uneasy. It was kinda like when you drink too much caffeine and you go all fluttery in your chest and your gut.