(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟗) skeeter

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean?" Athena frowned.

"They're all being horrible to Hermione of course" Aurora rolled her eyes, "don't worry I deducted points off anyone I saw being rude"

"Why does Rita Skeeter find entertainment writing fake dramas about fourteen year olds, does anyone else find this extremely concerning?"

"I agree with you" Aurora nodded, "Dumbledore does too, he didn't want her here in the first place. The only reason she was allowed here is because of Ludo Bagman, he invited her to get good publicity for the tournament. Bet he's regretting that now"

"How come?"

"She's trying to get dirt on him that's why" Aurora shrugged, "you wouldn't think she'd go after him if he allowed her into this castle in the first place but Rita finds any opportunity to create drama"

"What does she have on Ludo?"

"From what I've heard he's in trouble" Aurora lowered her voice as she sat behind her desk, "making bets and the likes...I saw him the other day in the three broomsticks with some goblins, Rita was after him then... come to think of it that's when Hermione annoyed her"

"You didn't tell me about this" Athena pointed out, "I didn't know that Hermione had annoyed her at all"

"I'm sure I mentioned it" Aurora pondered, "I have a lot on my mind, Hermione had a go at Rita because of the article she wrote about Hagrid, I'm sure you read that one?"

Athena nodded remembering the brutal article portraying Hagrid as a reckless creature more than anything else. She'd completely exposed his giant heritage which of course wasn't good for him since everyone saw giants as aggressive monsters.

"She wouldn't like people saying a word against her" Athena scoffed, "when she first arrived I told her I'd throw her out of the castle myself if she made any trouble—"

"You should be more careful than that" Aurora muttered, "come to think of it though, she shouldn't be in the castle at all. Didn't Dumbledore tell her to stay out after the article about Hagrid?"

"I wouldn't know" Athena replied, "Dumbledore never tells me anything, he usually leaves that up to you"

"No he did tell me that" Aurora continued, talking more to herself than anyone else, "she's banned from the castle, told me himself"

"Well she must have been near the castle to get that information about Hermione, sure it's all made up but it must have come from somewhere. She must have seen Krum and Hermione together to have created that story and... she's interviewing students"

"I'll go to Dumbledore" said Aurora impressively, "she's sneaking in here somehow"

"Is it possible she has an inside source?" Athena asked suddenly.

"Like who?"

"Well like students, it's obvious that some of them were more than willing to help her out with this article and either they know how she's getting in the castle or they're getting information and taking it to her outside the grounds"

"There's something else" Aurora looked over her sister, "somethings bothering you, isn't it? I can tell"

Athena thought to Carol, to seeing her at the back of the hall. If she had been near the Yule ball she would have seen Hermione and Krum together. Did Rita know that her sister was partaking in death eater missions or that her sister might not be her sister at all. There were suddenly a lot of questions entering Athena's mind that could only be answered through one source, Rita Skeeter.