Chapter 9 - Guilt

"Brahms Heelshire. Where to begin exactly with that one." He said aloud.

"Reckless with others, there was no doubt about that, he would likely prefer himself to be alone if he could but he'd be incapable of preferring the simplest tasks of living on his own and managing daily habits.

Perhaps that's why a nanny was always in order. Even if some weren't to his particular interest, whether it'd be physically, or attractive, or maybe even perhaps he just longed for companionship. Twenty-eight years of solitude due to a mental illness- he did not ask for, mind you.

Can certainly have a major toll on any human being to become even more completely ragged. We do not condemn him to hell, nor does heaven seemed to be a suitable accommodation either for his hided crimes.

Reckless and unstable behavior yes, utterly ruthless, in the kidnapping of a woman he knew longer than all of us and was determined to have returned to him in one piece to make him feel even the slightest bit of human again. Was it the right thing to do, no, absolutely not? It was entirely wrong, for his own selfish reasons too, but also.... good.

I know I shouldn't say this after everything's that's happened sadly, but I do, truly, believe that Brahms was capable of becoming.... a man. Not a normal, per say, but one who can learn to cope with the fundamentals of being human again and try to understand the importance do and nots, from what's wrong, to right." He sat back down in his seat as he faced the jury.

"Thank you for that a Mr. Malcom Hughes."

.

Day after day, night after night the dreams had emanated his contentedness, but never for very long. Perhaps it was misfortune of his many losses, and gains he didn't wish to accommodate. A man can keep his thoughts on the inside without saying a word on what he truly feels, and Brahms had been kept it inside for many years.

The lack of recognition on his acts was never heeded from the start at the youngest of ages. Isolation many be for some people, but for all. He'd always watched her and her everyday routines following the precious list like the holiest of the ten commandments. Even though he still felt alone, even if he saw her everyday walking about throughout his manor. Daring to even miss the simplest of days when she hadn't the slightest clue, but he still knew it wouldn't last for long. One way or another the trust will always find its way to slither through the shattered cracks of profound lies.

The halls were dim with layers of thick and dense air that felt harder to breath in, rather than deadly pollution. Clammy craftsman hands clenched so tight on her feeble wrists. An abyss just waited patiently for her body to meet its unforgiving wooden floors. She breathed in and out deeply, fear shot through her without any hope of escaping Brahms's intense grasp. To say what shocked and scared her even more was the repulsive request he laid out so plainly.

She couldn't, she wouldn't, nor does she even know what he meant entirely. He thought a like child, but also like a grown man, that certainly didn't help her case of course but it was a no all in all. Greta had looked about her own surroundings just to simply grab a hold of anything, but sadly nothing was in arm's length reach.

Dark shadowed eyes bore into her own wide ones. A game they played as it goes round and round, sadly never seeming to find an end point. She'd do anything to get it all to just completely stop the mad crisis. Greta's own stress was starting to get to her as he held her tightly in place. She wouldn't succumb to this ill-bred and unstable man who held her in these chains.