"Don't be ridiculous, give her to me." The Prince held his arms out.

Ergi stifled a laugh. "What? What if I don't want to? And I don't think she would appreciate you talking about her like that."

"You don't even know where her room is." He narrowed his eyes, his brows knitting together.

"Well, I can always bring her to my own."

"What– who's that..?" Y/n heaved as she pulled herself up with the support of the wall.

Heinrey sighed loudly before he took her arm and wrapped it around his neck.

"That's my cue to leave, I suppose. Oh also, take this." Ergi pushed the purple book into Heinrey's hand then rested his arms behind his head. "Sweet dreams."

The two watched the duke walk off, his long coat tailing behind him.

"I'm sleepy." Y/n yawned, dropping her head.

"Cover your mouth when yawning. I guess all those etiquette lessons amounted to nothing after all." He seemed obviously irritated. "Why did you drink so much? From now on, at this hour especially, I prohibit you from drinking."

The Princess remained silent, her gaze still fixed on the floor.

"I have to carry you all the way to your room. It was your first time with wine wasn't it?"

They continued walking and walking, and Y/n failed to count their steps.

"This must be it." Heinrey fumbled with the handle before creaking the wooden door open.

"Your lady-in-waiting is absent." He sat her down on a chair, then threw the purple book on the table in front of her. "I'll have to fire her."

"You're not going to fire her!" The Princess exclaimed, unnaturally pausing in between words. "Why are you..why are you making choices for me? I told her to leave myself."

"I can put her on the doorstep the moment dawn strikes." He glared, straightening his coat. "I'm the Prince."

"So what?! I'm the Princess, doesn't that mean I'm just as capable?" Liquor courage was evident in the glimmer of her pupils.

"You..! You are– you know what you are!" He scowled, his voice a little restless.

"That's right, I know I'm not...whatever you call it." She shut her eyes, trying to stop the tears pricking her lashes as her senses slowly came back to her. "What does it matter? If you hadn't reminded me of it so much maybe..maybe I would've forgotten."

"It's..– that's not why. You think I'd be so cruel as to despise you for that?"

"Then for what reason?" Her brows furrowed.

"You're too drunk, Y/n. You don't know what you're saying." He reached for the door, turning his back on the Princess.

She could say nothing more even though she wanted to know everything, and to her dismay, silence did not answer any of her questions.

He knew better than to let drunken words get to him, yet...

"You should..retire for the night." He opened the door gently, walking out without another word.

Y/n spent a few moments mustering the energy to move, feeling an intense wave of weariness wash over her.

However, it was too hard. She gave up on trying to get up and lay on her bed, facing the decorated ceiling.

She watched the patterns on the white canvas as the moonlight welcomed her into a deep sleep.

══ஓ๑ ✦ ๑ஓ══

"Good morning, Your Highness!" Celenne opened the curtains, letting the sun shine through. "You have a lot to do today."

"Right." The Princess groaned, sitting up in her bed. "What time is it?"

"Only a quarter past– oh, goodness, Princess what's happened?" The lady-in-waiting rushed over to the bed in a hurry.

Y/n felt her head pounding. "What?"

"Well, it's.." She gestured at her hair and face.

The young woman grabbed the mirror by her bedside and sleepily watched her reflection.

Not only was her hair was all over the place, but it still had every single accessory from last night tucked in her strands. Her eyes were puffy and mildly bloodshot.

"Did I cry myself to sleep yesterday? I can't remember well." She sighed to herself.

"Perhaps I shouldn't have left you alone after all, Your Highness." Celenne cast a sad look on her face.

"I don't want you to have to worry about me all the time. It's not your fault."

Trying to take out some of the metal adornments, the Princess walked to the wooden vanity to see herself better.

"I just remembered — have you perhaps read the letter already?"

"Oh, the letter– right, from last night." She glanced at the book on the table behind her. "No, I didn't have time to."

"I think it's the same sender from last time." The young lady-in-waiting grabbed the brush to aid the Princess. "The stamp is identical."

"Yes...I find it a little funny." She quit fiddling with the hairpiece.

There was an undefeated silence.

Then the sound of brushing hair was heard. Then a quiet inhale. Exhale.

"I thought you'd laugh." She stirred in her seat awkwardly.

"I don't think qualifies as a joke, Your Highness."

══ஓ๑ ✦ ๑ஓ══

"Your Majesty!" The silver haired girl tossed and turned on her lover's bed. "Your Majesty, you're always busy!"

"I know, my lovely." He stroked her reddish cheeks, smiling at her pouting face. "However, I have many important duties I must attend to."

"Yes but then you don't pay any attention to me. I wish I could follow you everywhere!"

The Emperor chuckled. Watching her silly antics made any mundane day better. "Rashta, you know you cannot."

"Hmm.." She hummed sadly. "Then..can I go to the special banquet today?"

He hesitated before rubbing his forehead."Ah– that..that's not possible."

"Huh? So I can't go..?" Her brows furrowed as she sat up.

"Sadly, the guest limit is twenty people. It's already full." He sighed, holding her hand.

"Your Majesty! I want to go too." She clutched his coat, tears forming in her eyes. "I really, really want to go..!"

"Rashta, don't cry." He wiped her eyes, wondering what he should do. "Alright...I will speak with the Empress. I'm sure she'll arrange something for you."

"Oh, you're the best, Your Majesty." She giggled, wrapping her arms around his neck.