"If you laugh too much, your wound will split even more." It was an attempt to stop the spinning but obviously it didn't work. If anything, it seemed to make Korra swizzle faster. "Korra. Stop I'm getting dizzy." She said through laughter, feeling her hair whip around them as they spun. The room around them filtered away and it was just the two of them in their eyes.

"Is that a demand?"

"Yes!" Asami giggled and the spinning gradually slowed down yet her head was still on a carousel.

When her feet touched the ground, Asami didn't hesitate to spin one last time in order to face Korra and plant a kiss onto her lips. "You're infuritating." She mumbled.

"Good to know." Korra replied.

With Korra's face in her gentle hold, Asami's smile gradually faltered. The littered scars on her Corporal's skin and the newest wound will only add to that bunch. Her nail grazed across the small white line above her eyebrow and then they moved to the one on her chin. "Asami?"

She knew there were more that didn't show on the surface. The large brand on her back was the one she found herself lookng at the most once Korra was asleep. Sometimes she would trail a hand down it, not hard enough to wake up Korra but firm enough to feel each and every bump of skin. "Korra." Her voice was a whisper.

Then it struck her again. Korra could've died. She could've died many times in the past. And that was all because of her. Asami's status, her foolishness. How much longer will Korra protect her? Even now that the Red Lotus is gone, Korra is still getting hurt, still guarding her.

"Are you okay?" A thumb wiped at her now damp cheek.

"I just.." Asami croaked. "I don't want to see you hurt anymore."

"Hey, what brought this on?" Her Corporal asked, trying her best to put a stop to Asami's sudden waterworks.

"You're always getting hurt..."

Korra removed the hands from her face and laced their fingers together. "Asami, you don't have to worry about me." She said, lifting up their hands so she could kiss the back of Asami's knuckles. "I promise I won't do anything dangerous anymore, you have my wor-"

"You promise?"

The Corporal's lips twitched into a smile. "I promise."

There was a sudden gasp. Asami ripped her hands free from Korra's. "You promise?" She scoffed. "That word means something to me so stop tossing it around like it's nothing!"

Korra's brows knitted together and she stood stunned. "What..?"

"You promised me so many things. You've broken so many god damn promises! You promised me you'd be okay, then you didn't wake up." She shouted and her throat begun to burn as a sob clawed it's way out. "You promised me you'd come back then you never did! You always get hurt!"

"Asami..."

"When you promise something Korra, I want you to mean it. It's not some god damn word, so mean it!" The room around her was blurry, submerged in water once the tears became too much. When Korra reached out to her, her limbs were already wrapped around her Corporal again and the uniform became her tissue.

"I mean it Asami." Korra mumbled, tracing smooth circles onto her back. "I'll be safe."

<->

There's a soft sound coming from the music room and Korra already knew who it was. Asami said her mother was incredible pianist, but she didn't think she would be this good. As the curiosity got the better of her, Korra found herself peaking into the room, watching the woman press onto the keys delicately. She played like Asami, sat up straight with a small smile on her lips.