Heisenberg X Reader: The Villager Part One

Start from the beginning

  Your father smiles. ''They came in, early in the morning. I fought them off before they could take anything.''

  You feel a smile breaking through as you look at your father, stuck in his wheelchair. ''I bet you gave em hell.''

  His face turns serious. ''They had some interesting things to say about you.'' His speech gets interrupted by his own coughing, prompting you to quickly get up and retrieve his medicine for him. 

  ''The Duke was mentioning so earlier. What are they saying?'' you ask, busying yourself with preparing his medicine. 

  Your father stays quiet for a while, raising the tension in the room. ''They're not happy about you working for Lord Heisenberg.'' He looks at you apprehensively before continuing. ''They seem to be under the impression you are... uhm... sleeping with him.''

  You nearly drop the medicine from your hands. ''They- what?''

  Your father shrugs. ''Is it true?''

  You avoid his eyes. ''No, of course not. Where would they get that idea?''

  ''No idea, honey,'' he sighs in relief as he takes the medicine, soothing his aching lungs. ''When are you heading up there again?''

  ''Tomorrow. Lord Heisenberg needs extra supplies for a project he's working on.'' Guilt shoots through your chest as you lie to your father, but it couldn't be helped. After the scare today you didn't want to involve your father in your business with Heisenberg. 

  ''Best stay in the house today, then,'' he says, leaning back in his chair as you finish tidying up the table. 

//

  You rose at dawn the next day

  You rose at dawn the next day. Your fingers shook slightly as they prepared the supplies you were to take up to the factory. Glancing behind you one last time, you make sure your father is sound asleep in his bed. The doors are locked up tight this time, no intruder would have an easy time invading your home again. 

  You had asked your neigbour Sarah to tend to your dad in the morning, as you would be away for most of it. She accepted, though she seemed apprehensive. The paint that stained your front door was mostly scrubbed off, though some of it seeped through into the wood, leaving a darkened blotch. 

  The early birds fill the silence as you hurry through the town's square. The sun was rising further, but not many villagers had left their homes just yet. Apart from a couple strange glances from people rummaging about in their front yard, you make it to the town's outskirts unscathed. 

  You fumble with the large lock on the intricate gate seperating the lower village from the four territories of the Lords higher up in the village. Then, a shrill voice sounds behind you, nearly making you jump out of your skin. 

  ''Where ya headin' to?'' You turn around to meet the eyes of a small girl. Her hair is slightly unkempt and her dress hangs crooked, indicating she only just sneaked out of bed.