Chapter 8: Endgame

Start from the beginning

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The docks were always a creepy place, but at night it was like crime was inevitable.

Korra could see the ship she was supposed to go to, the ship her mother was on. What was their plan here? To kill the Avatar? They've had plenty of chances to do that before now...

"Korra, you're sure about this?" Lin Beifong asked, standing beside the Avatar.

Korra nodded and sighed. "Yeah... let's go." She said, leading the way to the ship.

The man from the warehouse was waiting for them. "Huh. I would've bet you brought your girlfriend to bring your mother home."

Korra scoffed at him. "And give you a chance to take her too? Fat chance."

He laughed a bit at her. "Ok that's fair." He turned back to his men. "Bring Senna."

Lin studied every inch of the ship, and the men. She mapped out everything they did, and counted their numbers. She did this until the Avatar's mother was brought off the ship, escorted by 2 men.

"Korra!" Senna broke free, and hugged her daughter. Both women were on the verge of full on bawling, but Korra needed to hold herself together. "Korra, what are you doing?!"

Korra finally broke their hug, and nodded to Lin. "Lin, get my mom out of here. Mom, I love you." She said, tearing her eyes off her mother.

"Let's go Senna." Lin stated, sternly. Even the stoic Beifong almost teared up at this scene. She put a hand on Senna's shoulder, pulling her away.

"Korra... Korra no!" Senna screamed, trying to resist Beifong's directions, but to no avail. Tears streamed down her face, as Lin pulled her away. "Korra!!!"

Korra stepped to Kuyin, and held her arms to him. "Let's get this over with."

He shook his head to her. "Cuffs won't be necessary." He responded. "I think the threat of your father's death is shackling enough. You'll be placed in a platinum cell below deck, and if you attempt to escape... well, you know."

Korra followed the man onto the ship, and below deck. She went into her cell, and could feel how disconnected she was inside it. The water was so far away, she couldn't metal bend anything nearby... It was like being cut off from everything.

She sat down and crossed her legs, feeling as the ship began moving. She closed her eyes, deciding to use this chance to meditate.

Her vision flashed to that same man, Zhao. She saw the Spirit Oasis again, and saw Zhao kill that fish... no not just a fish. It was the moon spirit. She knew that. Why did Aang want her to know this so badly?

She tried to hold onto the vision, to see what happened next. She kept searching, thinking, trying to connect with Aang... What else could she do in this cage?

Hours passed, still nothing. No more information. In fairness, this wasn't a very spiritually charged place. The middle of the ocean, somewhere in the world...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you sure this is going to work?" Mako asked, standing on the bridge of a ship, moving fast across the water. "I mean, we're risking a lot by doing this."

Asami nodded her head. "Oh yeah." She held up a small remote. "Once I hit this button, all radio broadcasts nearby will be terminated. They won't be able to call for help, or call to have Tonraq killed."