𝟬𝟮𝟰 if love is pain, let's hurt tonight

Start from the beginning

     If she did this then there was no turning back.

     Nova opened up the clear plastic bag and tapped some of the white powder out onto her pointer finger, a strange foreboding twisting knots in the pit of her stomach, and without giving it a second thought, Nova leaned forward and snorted the coke up her nose. Nova then threw her head back, a sigh of relief leaving her lips as the everlasting and euphoric feeling of pure ecstasy took over her body, chemicals flowing through her bloodstream whilst the drugs slowly began to kick in.

After hours of feeling like a walking corpse, she was finally alive again.

The girl then resealed the plastic bag in her hand and stuffed it back into her pocket, before she turned her head to the gun placed in the passenger seat next to her, her hand slowly reaching out for the deadly weapon as she clasped her shaky hand around it, holding it close for a moment. "You can do this." She whispered quietly to herself, shedding one last tear, before she opened the car door and climbed out, now making her way across the greenery surrounding the Cameron property.

Once Nova was close enough to the house, the girl quickly sneaked her way around the corner, heading towards the front door to see the lights were still on. Nova knew she had to be quick in order to avoid getting caught. This caused for the girl to wrap her hand around the door handle and push it open, a quiet creak from the hinges ringing through the silence. Nova couldn't help but wince at the eery sound, hoping no one heard her enter the house, and when she didn't get a response, that gave her the go ahead to keep moving forward.

     Nova knew the most logical place for Ward Cameron to be in the middle of a stressful situation would be his study. This caused for Nova to slowly make way closer towards where she needed to be, her vision becoming blurry for a swift moment, the high that came with the drugs she took fully kicking in. However, Nova was quick to regain herself, before she continued her journey towards Ward Cameron's study, the girl finally coming to a stop when she found herself standing outside the room, realising it was now or never.

     So, with a shaky breath escaping past her lips, Nova curled her fingers around the door handle and pushed the door open, stepping inside the study to see Ward was sat at his desk. Nova's sudden appearance in the room was enough to make Ward lift his gaze, concern washing over his face when he saw the girl, teary eyed, a look filled with anger burning in her bright eyes. He was concerned for the girl, causing for Ward to furrow his brows in confusion.

     "Nova, sweetheart, what are you doing here? It's not safe to be outside right now." Ward informed, but he didn't get a response. All he got was silence. Ward then analysed the girl closely, taking notice in the way she stumbled into the room, the paleness in her cheeks and her dark pupils. It didn't take a genius to figure out she was on something. "Nova, Rafe told me about your drug problem. Whatever this is about we can talk about it after I'll call your father to pick you up—"

Ward made an attempt to reach for his phone on the far end of the desk, but when the older man stood up from his seat, Nova didn't hesitate to raise the gun in her hand, pointing the deadly weapon in Ward's direction. The sight of the gun in the girl's hand was enough to make Ward tense up, his eyes flooding with fear whilst his cheeks drained of all their colour and his blood ran cold. It even made him wonder why Nova had showed up to his house with a gun, but it didn't take him long to glue the pieces together. She must have found out what John B already knew.

"Don't you dare move a muscle." Nova seethed through gritted teeth, blazing fury evident in her teary eyes, narrowing her eyes into a sharp and harrowing glare. "If you even try to call for help or make an attempt to take this gun away from me, I won't hesitate to put a bullet between your eyes." She threatened.