𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

Начните с самого начала

y/n kamado pov

by the end of the day, tanjiro ended up selling all the charcoals and getting enough money for his family while i had helped around the village earning myself some couple of coins.

"it's getting late, we should head back." exclaimed tanjiro as he let out a small sigh, it had been a long day.

this is how it usually works everyday, we'll go down the mountain and sell charcoal while helping some villagers that needed help. it's not like we could refuse, i mean i guess i could refuse but tanjiro couldn't so i decided to just go along with it.

tanjiro is a kind young lad, he knew how he could help and he will if it is needed. he was just the same when we were young, he had always been helpful. he had helped me adjust to his family when they first take me in and took care of me. he would always approach me and ask me to play with him.

"hey tanjiro and y/n? are you returning to the mountain?" questioned saburouji-san as he called out from his home.

"you can't it's dangerous!" he continued as he ushered the both of us to enter his home.

"my nose can smell anything, it'll be alright." convinced tanjiro as he stared down at saburouji-san.

knowing why saburouji-san is acting this way, i decided to just follow him. tanjiro does have a good sense of smell but he does not have any battle experience which can hassle the both of us.

"come tanjiro, it will only be for a night." i stated as i reached for his hand.

he then made a worried face before grabbing my hand with his, he then followed me towards saburouji-san's home.

"hurry before they appear." exclaimed saburouji-san as he opened the door for us, we then entered his home and left our shoes near the door.

saburouji-san had been living alone as his family died. he must have been feeling lonely but held it in, the next time i should bring tanjiro's siblings so we could accompany saburouji-san.

saburouji-san had prepared us a meal, he continued talking to tanjiro as i stared at an empty space while continuing my eating. it is not like listening to him saying demons does exists will do something good for me, i had known they exists since i was a young kid so there is no use of listening to their conversation.

after eating, saburouji-san had laid two futons for both me and tanjiro. i laid on my futon and stared at the ceiling trying to make myself fall asleep, i usually stare at the ceiling whenever i wanted to fall asleep, this helps my system shut down and after a few minutes i would be sleeping like the dead.

"can the demons not enter houses?" questioned tanjiro, snapping me from my thoughts.

"no, they can enter." said saburouji-san.

✰★✰

the morning then came by, me and tanjiro had bid saburouji-san a goodbye as we thanked him for letting us stay in his home yesterday night.

we then started walking towards the house, me feeling excited into seeing rokuta. i do love tanjiro's siblings but rokuta had a different effect. when he was born, he was always by my side and after the death of their father. he had trouble sleeping and will only sleep whenever i'm by his side. he's a cute little bean that i wouldn't want to lose, he's important to me.

"the scent of blood." stated tanjiro who had been beside me when we started climbing the mountain.

he then rushed towards the house, i was left frozen on the spot as i stared at his panic state. snapping out of thoughts when i heard him scream, i then rushed towards the house only to find a scene i wouldn't want to see ever again.