𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

Depuis le début

"please come back quickly!"

"be careful nii-chan!"

"see you later nee-chan!"

their farewells had been heard as both tanjiro and y/n made their way down the mountain, y/n had waved them a goodbye before facing forward. on their way, they had bumped into nezuko who was carrying rokuta.

"onii-chan, nee-chan!" exclaimed nezuko as she smiled at the two, y/n and tanjiro.

"nezuko." bid tanjiro as he stopped on his tracks, smiling at nezuko.

"i just lulled rokuta to sleep, he'll start making an uproar once he noticed you and nee-chan gone." said nezuko as she stared at the youngest sibling, tanjiro approached them both and placed a hand on rokuta's head as he smiled at him gently.

"he's lonely because papa died, it's like everyone is stuck with you nii-chan. he also enjoyed nee-chan's presence so once he had seen you gone he'll cause a lot of disturbance." nezuko giggled as she continued staring at the sleeping rokuta.

"i won't be taking your time any longer, take care down there!" said nezuko as she waved at the both as they made their way down the mountain.

✰★✰

after minutes of making their way down the mountain. they were able to spot the village located near the mountain. they entered the village immediately recognizing the people who are busy minding their own business.

"well if it isn't tanjiro and y/n." said an old woman as she had spotted tanjiro and y/n walking side by side.

"you really came down the mountain on a day like this, good work. but settle up as you might catch a cold."

"ooiii, i want to buy some charcoal."

"i also want some charcoal!"

"thank you for repairing my sliding door the other time."

"thank you for fixing my broken window y/n, i'll be calling you again when it needs repairing!"

the villagers had bombarded tanjiro and y/n with compliments as they pass the village. they are quite well known as they mostly help whenever they can. tanjiro who had always been helpful towards humanity had helped them in any way he could and y/n who had been with tanjiro for so long that she had gain tanjiro's personality and characteristics.

"ahhh tanjiro i'm glad you're here!" cried the young lad as he was covered with bruises and blood, he had carried a cloth carefully as he rushed towards tanjiro's side.

"can you tell who is the culprit who broke these dishes?" said the young lad as he showed tanjiro the broken pieces of an object. "please help me, smell these!" he had continued as he shoved the pieces towards tanjiro's direction.

tanjiro who didn't mind the shoving then bend a little to be able to reach the object that needed sniffing. he then sniffed the broken object and his eyes snapped open once he realized who had broken it.

"it smells like a cat" exclaimed tanjiro as he stared at the old woman in front of him.

"really? a cat?"

"see!!"

"it wasn't me, just like what i said!"

said the teen boy as he snapped at the old woman who had blamed him for breaking an object.

"tanjiro, can you help me carry this luggage?"

"y/n, dear please help me sell these flowers!"

y/n and tanjiro then sighed, they knew it will be a busy day as tanjiro would be selling the charcoals while y/n will roam around the village figuring out who needs help with things that needed to be done by the end of the day.