The wind vibrating only made your distress even worse— for once, you were scared, terrified. Ironically, it wasn't for yourself, but for Yushiro.

It wasn't until your overthinking came into a halt when you saw Yushiro's head on full display, as if nothing happened. The only thing that has changed was his expression, an expression that was far from loathe.

Oh.

He's okay...

You should feel happy right? Finally feeling the contact of Yushiro who suddenly came back to life?

So...

Why did you still feel an intense amount of vengeance?

You still couldn't hear the people around you. You still couldn't hear the sounds that your surroundings make. And most importantly, you couldn't hear the panicked voice of Yushiro trying to make you snap out of your trance.

To put it short, Yushiro was already at a bind.

First, he had to invite a filthy demon slayer at Lady Tamayo's residence. Second, the said demon slayer was the literal reason why the residence got bombarded by other demons.

And most importantly, you were hurling in apprehension as you already turned yourself off from the world, because you weren't used to the sudden scene of blood and guts at all.

He was already pissed that demons attacked the Lady's place, but seeing you in such a place made him feel wrathful.

No matter what he did, you were still staying at your exact spot— shaking. He called you multiple times, even had to go as far as to hit you on the back of your head to get your attention, but you never responded.

"Y/N! Snap out if it!" Yushiro called, "I'm alright! No blood! Look!"

He made you redirect your glance at his face, yet your soulless eyes has yet to make another movement.

Tanjiro, who was in the middle of defending you three from the opposing demons, was struggling, obviously. The talisman given to him from Yushiro helped him during the fight, but it wasn't enough for the boy to make actual decent progress.

If he continues on like this, he knew he was going to have a broken rib or two.

Throwing himself to demoness, he made an effortless slice towards six of her arms— a bit too effortless.

Did she not move?

The burgundy-headed boy looked up where the other demon was at the tree, who was also not moving whatsoever in a shocked but angered expression.

"Thin strings..." Yushiro mumbled, his brows furrowing. He looked over to your figure, specifically where your fingers seem to carry a nimble piece of string that wrapped around your nails.

His eyes widen, her Blood Demon Art.

The hanafuda earring user watched as the two demons ruthlessly clawed their own neck using sharpened nails, tears both pricking down their eyes as they screamed in agony.

Tanjiro shuddered, never in his life has he seen something as gruesome as this. He didn't know what even happened to the demons, they just... did it.

Wincing at their screams, he shook his useless thoughts away and swiftly sliced his blade through their necks using his Water Breathing, making them drop to their deaths in an instant.

"What..." He breathed out, "Even happened...?"

"It's her," Tanjiro heard Yushiro speak out. He turned around as he saw you laying down in Yushiro's lap, completely calm contrary to your previous state before.

"Did... she do something about those demons?"

"Yeah," Yushiro nodded, "Her Blood Demon Art manifested, an extremely strong one at that. I'm going to bring her back to her room to rest... and don't you dare do anything to Lady Tamayo while I'm gone!"

And at that, the greenette left with you getting carried in his arms back to your hopefully-not-broken bedroom.

Tanjiro sent Lady Tamayo a questionable glance to which the older woman chuckled, "The two has only known each other for barely four days, yet they already share a strong connection for each other."

"But earlier, he was acting like he doesn't care about her?"

"That's how he normally acts," she smiled, "He's not the best at conveying his emotions."

Tanjiro's eyes dotted, but he's the complete opposite when it comes to you...

"Though, I'm worried..."

His head tilted, "About what?"

Lady Tamayo pursed her lips as her eyes only strained where the two of you have walked away, "I'm afraid that their connection would be too strong, I can't imagine how Yushiro would feel when the day finally comes..."

She couldn't finish her sentence.

Tanjiro didn't need any specifics, because he already knew her reason of concerns.

"Now then," she said, completely changing the subject, "We should take care of the destruction now, shall we?"

"A- Ah, yes you're right! I completely forgot!"

The vibration of his shoes clacking the wooden floor with his lilac pools looking straight down the hallways where his destination lied ahead, his arms holding you in a protective but sturdy position.

It would be a lie if he said he wasn't worried, you literally passed out after basically defeating the two demons who attacked everyone in a quick second

Plus, he really did hate seeing you in the state you were in previously, it never failed to mark a crack in his heart.

"Yu... shiro?" You whispered drowsily.

The boy clicked his tongue as he used his hands to force your eyes closed, "Go to sleep, you're tired."

"Okay..."

What was left was an empty hallway with only the sound of your soft snores reverberating in Yushiro's ear.

You were definitely too tired to make another letter.

pt; 2/2 of day 4.