So, you decided to pick up the habit of painting daily.

Your reason?

Well, if you weren't able to go to the outside, why not bring the outside within you?

Paint the outside, draw whatever you see is interesting outdoors, splash light in the dark corners of your canvas, create live creatures you see outside but never inside.

Distract yourself from the fact that you're never able to live like other kids your age.

Having that mindset alone made painting your number one coping mechanism during your days in the hospital, and it felt healthy.

To you, it was more than a form of expression— it was your language.

"Hey," Yushiro called for you.

You turned to him as he started to poke your arm with brushes, paints, and a dozen of blank canvases that were almost ready to be splashed with pigmented colors.

"Here," he propped all the materials in your arms, "Carry these yourself, I'm not gonna do the heavy work. Now come on."

You stared at the supplies in your arms with your lips parted, completely befuddled as you didn't utter a word nor make a step on the concrete pavement. You weren't supposed to feel this excited.

But look at you, gazing at the supplies before you, starting to feel the same youthful excitement from the first time you got your first collection of art materials.

"Did you not hear me? Come on!" Yushiro barked.

"Ah, right!" You squeaked, bowing 90 degrees, "Thank you!"

"That's what I thought, now let's go!"

You speed walked towards the green-haired boy as the two of you trudged the road, somehow talking comfortably without any air of awkwardness around the duo.

Though you were a bit surprised by how casually you were able to chat with Yushiro, not once did you bother to mention it despite being secluded all your life.

Whether it was one giving snarky remarks and the other genuinely complimenting, in some way the two of you were able to mix.

Is this what people call 'opposites attract'?

"We're back!" You announced, opening the door along with Yushiro who was by your side.

"Welcome back Y/N, Yushiro," Tamayo smiled, "Did you two find anything of your interest? Asakusa isn't holding anything today, but I'm sure that some of the stalls would be of your fancy."

You grinned sheepishly as you showed off your art supplies to the ravenette, "Yushiro got me painting materials to use, I'm so excited!"

The boy in name rolled his eyes and shrugged, "It's whatever, I don't even understand why people paint anyways, it's a waste of time."

Nevertheless, a light tint brushed over the boy's pale skin that Tamayo didn't fail to notice. He wasn't used to the enthusiasm radiating off your body, which in turn made him embarrassed from not being used to the constant compliments he kept receiving from you.