Chapter 20

"Do you have any idea how much pressure I was under?" He growled, clenching his fists to try to hold himself. "I only had two options when it came to you!"

"You picked me after boot to become the next Soldier!" Kaylee yelled, challenging Bucky. "Not many options Soldat!"

"Don't call me that," Bucky glared at her.

"Not many options, Soldat."

"I only had two options!" Bucky snapped, his core shaking, instincts wanting to put the omega in her place.

She crossed her arms, eyes glaring daggers. It was clear to him she didn't want to hear it but he knew she had to know, even if it hurt.

For a moment, he felt like he was in this conference room with his handlers again.

"An omega?" one laughed. "You picked an omega?"

"Yeah Soldat," the other glared, his arms crossed. "Make her your toy?"

Even then, the answer never changed. The protectiveness he felt upon seeing her never changed. During that time, he knew he would never feel the same and decided to imprint upon the omega. His loyalties lied with her and in order to keep her alive, he had to follow orders.

"Look at me, Little Bird," the alpha said one night upon her arrival to his room.

The omega slowly looked up at him, fear in her eyes.

As he crouched down next to her, curiosity moved in and she listened closely. He gently took her hands in his and locked eyes with her.

"I promise, I'll protect you every chance I get."

"My answer has never changed," he finally said. "Train you or kill you."

"Kill me?" Kaylee breathed, staring in awe. "You're lying through your own teeth!"

"I had a single choice!" Bucky yelled, snapping from his half calm demeanor. "The only time I had a choice with Hydra was training new agents! You were the only time I had a choice!"

The omega stared at him, slowly shaking her head. "You may have chosen me but you still didn't have a choice in training me or not!"
Bucky shook his head, turning his back to the omega. "If you only knew what they were planning with you."

Kaylee glared at him. "I spent years training mercilessly under you! Killing people wasn't easy for a young girl at all! You made me into a monster!

"It was to train you or make you something you'd never want!" Bucky snapped, turning back to her. He knew he was beginning to play with fire but she had to know the truth.

"They thought I was secretly training you to become the perfect omega," he started, closing the distance between them, slowly, threateningly.

When Kaylee noticed the alpha walking towards her, she pushed herself back into the wall behind her. "Why?"

"Why? How about every time you started your heats on missions, you came to me?"

"Soldat! Soldat! Open the door!" the omega cried, beating on his door. The stench of fresh heat flowing through the door.

It was enough to make his head spin. It wasn't long before he heard other alphas calling for her and he opened the door.

Kaylee closed her jaw tight, refusing to answer. Soon, she was staring directly at the alpha, face to face.

"You came to me because you trusted me," he growled, towering over the omega. "You claim to hate me but how can you when you trusted me?"

"I never trusted you! You murdered innocent people. You killed my friends! You're a monster! I've always hated you!"

Bucky pulled his metal arm back. Through anger, he slammed it into the wall next to her head. When she flinched, his anger subsided.

"If you only knew," he breathed, shaking. A single thought running through his mind.

"If I only knew what?" Kaylee whispered, shaking as well in anger.

He opened his eyes to look at her. He was gonna do it. He took his hand, gently whipping her tears. He swallowed hard as he lifted her chin up and pressed his lips to hers. To his surprise, she returned it.

Her heart fluttered in a familiar, ill way. The omega quickly pushed the alpha back, the wall crumbling next to her as his fist left it.

Stunned, he looked at the floor. For a moment he felt happy but looking back at her, he felt sick. The disgust in her eyes filled the silence and left him empty. He didn't flinch when her hand landed open on his cheek.

Tears filled her eyes. "Screw you," she whispered, standing for a few moments to watch his figure before fleeing upstairs.

Defeated, Bucky fell to his knees as his tears hit the ground. All surrounding senses were blurry and unstable. Nothing came to his mind to alert him that Steve was next to him, hugging him. 

Layers Ofजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें