ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ: ᴄʟᴀɪʀᴀᴜᴅɪᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴇᴄʜᴏᴇꜱ

Start from the beginning

“Aren't you supposed to be supporting them?” He chuckled gratefully at my reassurance, slowing his steps so that our conversation could prolong. “Let alone should you also be walking alongside them.”

A steady fog lingered comfortably around his head, its colour vibrantly showcasing an emotion of solace. Voices echoed softly with the smoke, the emotion feeding my abilities of having to hear his thoughts. It consisted of him speaking snugly of how my presence was always there for him starting from childhood. Yeah, if you haven't noticed, the blocking technique didn't work. So here I am, getting to eavesdrop mentally.

“Nah, they can be a little overwhelming sometimes. I tend to be squished whenever I go with our designated lineup.” Which was true, I actually had to push the two boys since they had a knack of weirdly walking cross-legged.

Just as it was mentioned, the shoulders of the two brothers bumped into each other. They both gave heated glares, then just went to get away from the little distance they had. Caspian laughed from beside me, shaking his head at the sight. “I see it now.”

Upon entering the entrance of the stone structure, my eyes visibly lit up in amazement. Not because of how it was filled with bustling Narnians but due to the array of kindling torches lining the sides of the closed area.

I stopped to take in the whole sight, a small smile involuntarily adorning my lips. Some of the creatures looked up from their works, respectfully taking their time to give us bows. An arm circling my waist took my eyes from the scenery, Edmund softly giving me a beam.

“Someone's amazed,” He chuckled smoothly, his own gaze travelling to the vicinity. “Perhaps it's the lights?”

“Perhaps you are correct.” I nodded carefully, slightly struggling to keep my calm from all the deafening echoes of their thoughts.

Bouncing around the walls was a strong feeling of an abiding magic, the power it held was old, like it was left there unintentionally. It had a visible sense of distinguish in it, a nostalgic wave crashing down into the shore of my memory. Like the wind, it danced around the room, an aroma that contrasted the current situation of Narnia. An ancient magic was rolling deeply from this cave, giving me a little bit of energy to stay ardent.

“It may not be what you are used to, but it is defensible.” Caspian spoke to Peter, the latter looking around to observe what the Prince did for preparation.

“I agree,” The three looked at me, two of which held smiles, one who had a frown on his face. Take a wild guess who that buzzkill is. “Love the torch galore, very beautiful touch.”

“Peter,” Susan's voice suddenly overlapped the noises of clanking metal, popping out from where she disappeared from. “You may want to see this.”

All of us snapped our attention to her, forgetting about the recent exchange. We obliged to her request, curious with what she was meant to show us. Peter took his time to go by the side, snatching a torch in order to light our path. I frowned when Edmund pulled me away from taking my own, him just shaking his head at me. He motioned of why I couldn't have it, pointing out that it would lessen the illumination of the room.

We walked towards the dimmed corridor, turning a corner until we met up with the two Pevensie sisters. They were staring at something on the wall, beckoning the eldest to take the flames there in order for us to see.

My eyebrows quirked in focus, making out the paintings engraved intricately on the stone confinement. It started with one that had three girls riding on the back of Aslan, one in which had a cranky scowl on her face. Which was obviously me from when we were journeying to rescue troops from where they were frozen by Jadis.