Chapter One - Ten Years Ago

Start from the beginning

Your mother frowned. "You realize this is insane? I'm not going to send my precious child off to some cult just because they sent one of their best swordsmen to collect her. And visions? My daughter does not have visions... right?"

Muichiro's eyes suddenly hardened. "The demon slayer core is not a cult! And I am not merely collecting your daughter. I am to train her to defeat the Twelve Kizuki. If what I just saw and heard is not a hallucination, then your daughter does have a psychic connection of some sort to the Kisuki. She may be the key in defeating them!"

You blinked again. "Mama, what is he talking about? Do I have special powers?"

Your mother stroked your hair, still quite confused "... yes. I suppose you do."

Muichiro spoke again. He looked less angry, but he was still determined, not back to his first aloof impression. "I'll give you two days to decide. Then I'll come to the city square of the nearest town. If she's coming, send her with a pack of rations. Good bye, I hope to see you soon." With that, the strange boy left.

Your parents shared a glance. They lowered their voices, but you could still hear what they were saying. "I really don't know about this..." - "I think we should. It wouldn't be a horrible life. Under the training of a Hashira, she would be safe. She would learn a lot, how to fight. I don't think she would end up like your brother. He had minimal training before they sent him up that mountain. He was the lowest rank." - "She is only seven years old!" - "That boy Muichiro looked young..."

Kioti suddenly spoke up, his tears gone. "Can I go, too? Can I learn to be a demon slayer?"

Your mother looked at him, surprised. "You... want to go?" He nodded furiously. "I think it would be really fun. And besides, then Y/n wouldn't be surrounded by strangers."

Your father looked at your mother pointedly. "That helps. Look, I just don't want them to end up like me. If they train, they will know how to fight back."

Your mother's eyes started to tear up. "I know... but it also means they will be putting themselves into danger more often. And I don't know if I'm ready to let my children go. I didn't think I'd have to for a long time"

You looked up at your mom. "I'll go. Where is it though? I forgot."

Kioti looked slightly concerned. "With the demon slayer boy, to train to fight demons. And mom, we would visit you whenever we could!"

You nodded, both in agreement to visiting your mom and in understanding.

"I want you two to really think about this. Do you want to train really hard and fight demons for the rest of your life?" your mother asked seriously.

Kioti jumped up and down and shook his head vigorously. You stayed quieter, and gave her a small nod.

Your mother gave a shaky sigh.. "A-alright then. In two days, we'll take you to town and your journeys will start."

That night, you could hear your mother sniffling. You were a smart girl, and you knew she was sad to see you and your brother leave so suddenly.

Yeah, you were smart. But occasionally you would have a vision, and it would cloud your mind. Depending on the severity of it, or how long it lasted it would leave your mind in a deep haze. Anytime besides those moments, you were sharp, quick to learn and good at predicting movements and actions.