8. Silently dying inside while pretending your ok is a mood

Start from the beginning

"Y/n!, DIO won't stop being an ass, can you help?" Valentine yelled making you snap your head up towards the door while hurriedly drying your eyes. "Yeah!, gimme a minute!!" You replied back as you heard him sprint away from the door seemingly to the lining room. You took in a deep breath, let the cool air invade your lungs and seemingly soothe some of your eating thoughts and emotions, then let out a shaky exhale while pulling yourself together. "A-alright...I just have to keep myself together for everyone." You mumbled bottling up that sadness away and replacing it with a smile.

You could totally do this...definitely....absolutely

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

Everyone had noticed throughout the day that you seemed off, your smile seemed too wide while your eyes seemed to be hiding something behind them. It wasn't obvious to all of them at first, DIO was the first to catch on though that isn't too surprising. He's always been able to read people well, but he especially noticed when the few people he actually cared for were upset. It somewhat reminded him of how his mom hid her emotions, she always hid her sorrow and negative feelings to try and cheer him up. At the time he thought it was foolish but later on in his life, he began to understand why she did this. She did it to try and ease the pain, to try and at least make sure he wouldn't get frightened after hearing his father hurling harsh words at her.

That's why for the entire day he watched you like a hawk.

He watched you pick berries and then continual bake for hours without stopping as others began to see there was something amuck with you. Diego joined him as well, he wasn't sure if his counterpart had the exact same childhood but he guessed it was similar enough that he could tell you were hiding something. 

Honestly both their eyes constantly watching you was bad enough but it got worse as the others began subtly trying to ask what had happened. They tried to keep it sneaky, and you had to admit that the way they worded their concern was clever but you didn't budge. You just responded with a smile saying "nothing's wrong, why would you think that" while your hands worked a new batch of dough for pie crusts.

So far you had baked 2 apple pies, 4 batches of cookies and at least 3 large strawberry tarts that all sit on the countertop untouched and uneaten. You couldn't really do your normal way of grief by just crying like you did when they all initially appeared in your home, so right now you subjugated yourself to baking to keep your mind off the subject. Just focusing on the task of mixing precisely measured ingredients together in a bowl while cramming your anger, sadness and absolute feeling of betrayal in a box deep in the back of your soul.

"Y'know...you seem more quiet than usual today" Diego suddenly says sitting on the countertop with a clawed hand stealing cookies from the tray. The cookies were still hot and needed to cool but the dino man didn't care and shoved the treats in his mouth, he added with his mouth full "any reason for that kid". "I'm fine...just in a baking mood which makes me focused" you responded cracking an egg against the countertop, carefully you then cracked the rest of it opened and added the yolk into your batter without getting shards of the shell in the mix.

"Ehhhhh I don't know, you seem pretty Aggravated about somethin today" he shot back as you crack another egg though this time a bit more with force at his insistence. You wouldn't let him get to you, you just had to hold out and get through his questioning before he inevitably gave up...you at least hoped he would...eventually. "I'm fine Diego" you answered tossing the eggshells back in the almost empty carton, you would need another grocery run...maybe you could just ask Matt for more when he inevitably dropped by.