Part 2

Realization hit her. Her mind went blank. Her body went numb and limp. If only somebody had told Diana that he was coming back; even if someone or something had given her that ray of light to hold on to, she would have considered waiting. Seeing him naked with another girl had made her want to puke. Never in her life had she seen something so gross and impressionable.

Now, picking up a shard of mirror lying nearest to her, she went to the bathroom and stood before the small mirror there. This time it was only her tear-streaked and puffy-eyed face that stared back. Slowly, she lifted the small piece of destruction to her face. Mindlessly she slit both her cheeks- cheeks he had once kissed with intense passion. An unimaginable pain engulfed her and yet, it seemed to hold less fire than the agony she was already burning in. Tears ran down her bloody, destroyed cheeks. The pain didn't deter her. Instead it steeled her and fuelled her notion of self destruction. Lowering the piece of mirror, she slit her soft, pink lips- lips he had felt with his own. Her weapon sliced the tongue, with which she had tasted his love, into two.

By now, the pain barely let her stay put on her two feet. Diana cried hysterically. She had never imagined that her end would be such. Gradually, she moved down to her neck, throat, wrists, arms, breasts, torso and stomach. Her mind seemed to scream just one thought- Destroy every part of you he has ever felt. She could, now, no longer stand. In the end, even the artificial lights in her life blacked out.

Diana lay motionless, covered in a pool of her own blood. Even death, it seemed, couldn't make her seem any less beautiful. Only now, she looked as mutilated from without as she was from within.

And as the incessant rains continued to rhythmically patter on the pane and the world continued to live, love had claimed another life for itself.