Chapter ??: The Dragon's bloody return

Start from the beginning

I put my arms around her in a gentle hug, holding her close. "I-I do recognize you...but everything is just a blurr. I..I feel like I'm meant to know something. But when I try to remember. It feels like it slips further." My voice weakly answered to her.

They both hugged me tightly, despite the protest of my bones and the ache I felt all across my limbs and my torso, even my head. I didn't protest to them, because it wouldn't have been right. The most I knew. I was home.

Wherever home was, really. I wasn't certain of it all still. But I felt I had some memory of a few other things. I picked up the woman. Zalga. Her name is Zalga. And the other woman, Slenda, or as I usually named her, Rinthi. But she wanted to keep her title, even if the name I gave her did make her blush.

A slow soft smile crept upon my face at these memories. I then groaned out her name. "Z-Zalga?" And when I did, she turned to me and smiled, nestling her face into my chest. When I walked inside of the mansion, a living room greeted us.

And I heard steps to my left, looking over I saw...a woman, with greyish skin and a red eye. Her attire was that of a nurse, and the eyepatch over one of her eyes, her left I realized. Had a cross on it. She seemed to be in..disbelief? Why?

Then I saw her rush over and check me over, as if for injuries, she then pushed me towards the couch. And despite me being surprised at her strength it was a comforting surprise. I let go of Zalga and she gradually got up, so too did Slenda after a bit, albeit she looked very unhappy. How could I tell? I suppose it was another feeling from the past. Something I had a skill for.

I felt my eyes growing heavy, trying to stay awake, but the nurse just shook her head and laid me down on the couch. I saw a woman walking towards me. She had a blue mask and, no eyes? I felt I knew her too, but she looked hurt. Slowly I saw her walk over to me and remove her mask, and I saw it. She was crying. It was black blood tears coming from her eyes, but I saw her sniffling.

My hand raised towards her and gently wiped away her tears, and softly moved her hair out of her face. That same smile on my face again. Trying to reassure her I was fine. I watched Zalga go to the stairs up towards the rooms and then I felt myself drift to sleep as the eyeless woman held my hand all throughout this unconscious spell.

So this was my life? It feels...nice. I feel comfortable here. But why does my heart still hold a sense of longing? Maybe I'll know when I wake up.

[--Perspective change: The Nurse(Ann)--]

I watched as (Y/n) laid down, he was bloody, more than likely he was bleeding from his head slightly, it's a wonder he made it here with how battered his scales looked. Though I did note that he was changed. Did he not notice when he woke up? He did seem a estranged when he walked in.

To me this speaks more than likely of possibly a concussion, maybe something hit him to dull and damage his memories. But I could not say for certain for now. Right now I had a patient who needed tending.

The girls would want to speak with him likely, but I couldn't allow them near. I was thankful that Slenda went to go and comfort them, to let them know that he was home, but he would need time to rest.

Zalga however. I couldn't read her right now. She looked worried, and even Jackie. Both of them didn't leave his side. That was when I noticed a woman with long pale white hair and midnight black eyes crawl over to (Y/n), her clawed fingers gently resting on his side, as she whined in worry. The most she had on to cover her was a tattered t-shirt and shorts. In truth I couldn't help but giggle at how adorable she was.

The Rake had gone from a malnourished state to something rather adorable now. I remember when watching her on one of her hunts someone shouted 'Witch!' when seeing her. Perhaps it was something of a misunderstanding? But I pushed that away for now