"enjoy your senior year, and thank you for keeping me company. however, I must take my leave, as my client's here", rin smiled, standing up, as she noticed a dark-haired male who looked quite impatient standing by the door.

gojō sat there stunned for just a moment, before his friends, specifically getō, had wrung his arm around the white-haired boy's shoulders.

     "so did the great gojō satoru get her number, or..."

     "shut up, suguru! I wasn't even trying to get her number this time", the white-haired male grumbled, brashly shoving getō's arm off.

     "you should really stop bothering those that actually have a life", nanami plainly stated, causing gojō to playfully gasp in defense.

"nanami, how could you say that? my feelings are hurt", the seventeen year-old pouted.

an irk mark appeared on nanami's forehead, as haibara just patted the male's shoulder.

     "anyways, we're ready to go. will you be coming with us?", ieiri asked.

     "no. I still want some sweets", gojō answered.

     "you better not be pestering that lady", nanami warned, taking his leave with haibara, as getō and ieiri waved goodbye to the white-haired male.

     "I won't~"

     gojō then glanced across the room, noticing that the silver-haired woman was indeed chatting with a dark-haired male that was probably twice her size.

     "sketchy", gojō unconsciously muttered, as he proceeded to unwrap the strawberry bon bon.

✄ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ▤

     "it was a pleasure talking with you", rin smiled, causing tōji to scoff.

"yeah yeah. anyways, I'll drop him off at eight. he's not really shy; he just doesn't talk a lot, but we're — well, my wife — is hoping to get him to open up more by interacting with the other kids", tōji explained.

"oh, of course! I assure you that he'll make new friends instantly", rin stated.

"great, now goodbye", the dark-haired male yawned, as he swiftly left the café.

rin softly sighed, as she organized all the documents into a folder labeled: fushiguro megumi.

the tired woman then got up with all her belongings, about to head out before she felt a presence standing right behind her.

"took you long enough".

     "excuse m—"

     "shhh. discreetly look back. that guy's been staring at you throughout the entire night. see? he's about to leave too", gojō whispered, to which rin had indeed noticed a shady looking dude fold up his newspaper in attempts to declare his departure.

     "oh...I didn't even notice. thank you", rin simply stated.

     "I'll walk with you", gojō said, not even allowing the woman to say "no" for an answer.

     "it's much appreciated then", rin smiled, walking alongside the white-haired boy, who had promptly stuck his hands in his pockets.

     indeed, the man had seemingly followed behind them for quite a while before realizing that gojō didn't seem like he was going to stray away from the female.

     "I think he's gone", rin mumbled, skimming around the darkened path, as her statement had proved to be true.

"seems so", gojō shortly added on.

"thank you for walking with me, but I don't want to trouble you anymore. and I'm sure that your parents are concerned about you by now", rin bowed.

"it's alright. I actually live with my friend and his parents, since mine are gone. and I'll just help you to the end", the white-haired boy shrugged.

"are you sure?"

"yeah", gojō yawned, following rin, as the woman started leading the way.

"by the way, aren't you worried that I could be the actual stalker?", gojō asked, causing rin to shake her head with a calm smile.

"if you were, I doubt you would've waited for me. you approached me earlier this evening because you noticed that I was sitting alone, right?"

"so? maybe I'm just a dedicated stalker", gojō teased.

"then should I bring out my pepper spray now, mr. stalker?", rin playfully retaliated.

gojō then smacked his palm against his chest, feigning an offended expression.

"the audacity of you, especially after I saved you from some rando!"

"my apologies then, gojō-san", rin softly laughed.

     "you can just drop the formalities. it sounds weird", gojō bluntly stated.

     "I'm not sure if I'll ever use the name gojō again after tonight though", rin hummed.

     "you don't know that! perhaps we will meet in the future", gojō exclaimed.

     "perhaps", rin agreed with a chuckle.