"Einstein once said, Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe. I myself have encountered infinite stupidity. So... to combat the plague of ignorance in my class, you're going to combine efforts through a round of group experiments. Let's see if two heads are indeed better than one." Mr. Harris opened before he moved on to explaining the rules of the experiment.

Once the experiment started, Stiles leaned in, "What are you planning?"

"Stay out of this, Stiles." Sam breathed out, as she measured a blue liquid in a glass beaker before adding it to a larger beaker.

"Are you going to hurt her?" Stiles questioned, as he glanced back to where Lydia was at her new lab station with Allison.

"No, I'm not going to hurt her."

Stiles' jaw tensed at the way she'd placed emphasis on the word; I'm.

"So then someone else is? Who? Isaac? Erica? Derek?" He pushed, with an irritated sigh as she reached past him for the next ingredient and took her time to respond.

"I like Lydia... she's my friend and I don't want to see her get hurt any more than you do." Sam evaded answering him.

Rubbing a hand over his short hair Stiles exclaimed, "It's not her."

"I really hope not." Sam called after him as Harris instructed everyone to switch stations.

After a few more station switches, Scott slid into the seat beside Sam.

"Sam, you have to tell me what's going on. Are they going to test her in class?" He asked, looking back to where Erica was at a table with Allison and Isaac was sitting with stiles.

A brief look of confusion spread over her face and then it dawned on her.
Scott actually thought Sam wasn't involved in this plan.

"The important thing is that Derek won't do anything until he knows for sure it's her." She sounded confident in her answer.

"You have to stop them." Scott pleaded.

"I can't."

"Do you have any idea how wrong this is? She's a teenage girl, your friend and you're really going to let your pack kill her?" He questioned.

With a small shrug she said, "Maybe it's for the greater good... end one life to save many lives."

Scoffing he responded, "You don't actually believe that."

Sam's eyes locked with his.
"I have to." She answered quietly.

Looking around the room again Scott said, "You're not like them. Sam, I know you've got a good heart, I can tell. And Lydia is your friend, I've seen you guys talking a lot more lately."

He was hoping he could sway her to help them protect Lydia from the rest of her pack.

Sam looked back to Isaac and Erica, both of them in their black leather jackets and then down to the light blue dress she was wearing.

"Maybe you're wrong, maybe I'm exactly like them." She said as their teacher said to switch stations for a final time.

"You're not. This is wrong, you know that... and you have to do something. Just stop Isaac and Erica, buy me some time to talk to Derek. Please." He pleaded, before moving to his final station beside Stiles.

Sam watched their worried expressions soften some as Lydia sat down beside her.
Both of them really believed she wasn't a threat to anyone, including Lydia.

Little did they know she'd had her purse sitting on the lab table instead of the floor all class because she was waiting to somehow sneak Lydia some of the venom.

• Phase •  Derek Hale/OC  • Teen Wolf Fanfiction •जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें