YEAR I: CHAPTER 8

Börja om från början

"If you say so," She smiled.

The first quidditch match I ever watch and it's beside Draco Malfoy. Lila could've seated me on the left, but nooooo she had to make me sit beside him. I look at him with that smug smile on his face. I just roll my eyes and look into my binoculars. The game had started and Gryffindor had the Quaffle. There was a lot of passing, head beating, and pushing. Every time Gryffindor scores I just cheer them on in secret. Since our team is kind of losing.

"Slytherin in possession," Lee Jordan was saying, "Chaser Pucey ducks two Bludgers, two Weasleys, and Chaser Bell, and speeds toward the-- wait a moment-- was that the Snitch?"

I look through my binoculars, Harry had seen it and so did Terence. They both dive downward, chasing after the snitch. Just as Harry was about to speed off for the snitch, Marcus blocks Harry on purpose. The Gryffindors screamed "Foul!!"

Come on, Harry. You can do this.

"Y/n," Someone whispers.

"Yeah?" I say to Lila.

"What?" She questioned.

"Didn't you just call me?"

"No, why?"

"Nothing, nothing, must've been something else,"

I look behind me, and it was just some of my classmates watching and cheering on Slytherin. The voice seemed familiar to me, but I'm not sure who it is. Suddenly Harry's broom started doing weird things. I look through my binoculars and saw Harry holding onto his dear life. What was going on? I feel a tug on my robes. I look down and saw Hermione.

I pretend to drop something, I crouch down. "What's going on?"
"It's Snape," She whispered.

What? I go down under the bleachers with Hermione. "He's jinxing the broom!" She grabbed my arm and dragged me underneath the commentary box where Snape was.

"What do we do?" I ask.

"Make a distraction," She said and took her wand out, pointing it at a hem of Snape's cloak, shooting blue flames out into it. As soon as they noticed the flame, I grab her arm, running down the stairs, giggling at what just happened.

"That was brilliant, Mione!" I smile.

"Thanks," She breathed.

We look down at the field. Harry was standing on the field holding onto his stomach. "It looks like he's about to throw up!" I point. He suddenly spits out the snitch from his mouth. "Oh, thank Merlin," Wait. He caught the snitch!

Madam Hooch whistles. "Gryffindor wins!" she announced.

Hermione and I clap our hands, cheering for Harry as he just won his first quidditch match. "Wooo-hoo!!"

After the match, we all went to Hagrid's hut to have a nice cup of tea. We were all talking about what just happened at the match. How Snape had jinxed Harry's broom.

"Rubbish!" said Hagrid. "Why would Snape do somethin' like that?"

After what Hagrid just said, it made me wonder why would he do that too. I know Snape doesn't really like Harry much but he wouldn't go to that extent, would he?

"I found out something about him," Harry told Hagrid. "He tried to get past that three-headed dog on Halloween. It bit him. We think he was trying to steal whatever it's guarding,"

Hagrid dropped the teapot, which made me startled.

"How do you know about Fluffy?" he said. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Fluffy?" Ron questioned.

"That thing has a name?" Hermione said.

"Yeah -- he's mine --- bought him off a Greek chappie I met in the pub las' year -- I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the --" Hagrid stopped.

"Yes?" Harry said eagerly.

"Now, don't ask me anymore," Hagrid said gruffly. "That's top-secret, that is,"

"But Snape's trying to steal it."

I look over at Ron, curious as to what happened that night. "Did it look fluffy?" I ask.

"No, it was a three-headed dog who was trying to kill us!" Ron answered as he recalled what happened.

"I know a jinx when I see one, Hagrid, I've read all about them! You've got to keep eye contact, and Snape wasn't blinking at all, I saw him!" Hermione insisted.

"I'm tellin' yeh, yer wrong!" said Hagrid hotly. "I don' know why Harry's broom acted like that, but Snape wouldn' try an' kill a student! Now, listen to me, all three of yeh -- yer meddlin' in things that don' concern yeh. It's dangerous. You forget that dog, an' you forget what it's guardin', that's between Professor Dumbledore an' Nicolas Flamel --"

"Aha!" Harry said. "so there's someone called Nicholas Flamel, is there?"

Nicholas Flamel? Why does that name sound familiar?