Overflowing Bathtub

Start from the beginning

Glancing around the now deserted parking lot, Derek sighed "Only stories... rumors."

"But it is like us?" Sam finally spoke.

"A shape-shifter, yes. But it's not right... it's like a..." Derek's voice trailed off.

"An abomination." Stiles finished.

Sam was silent as Scott pleaded with Derek to work together on trying to trap the monster, but he wasn't having any part of it.

When he brought up telling the Argent's, Derek exclaimed, "You'd trust them?"

With her head aching from all the pain she was in, Samantha snapped "Nobody trusts anyone... that's the problem."

Turning her attention to Derek she continued, "Especially with you. You should have told me about tonight."

"Sam's right, while we're here arguing about who's side we're on. There is something scarier, stronger and faster than any of us, and it's killing people! And we still don't know anything about it." Scott agreed.

Glancing back to Sam and able to tell how much pain she was in, Derek growled, "I know one thing, when I find it I'm gonna kill it."

He turned and walked away nodding for his pack mates to follow him.

After several painful steps, Sam stopped and argued, "We don't even know who it is."

Derek turned around, a look of disbelief on his face.

"That thing almost killed you, and you still want to save it?"

"You said yourself that it doesn't even know who it is!"
She tightened her arms around the midsection and hoped the wounds would heal up soon.

"What's this really about?" He demanded to know as he faced her.

Erica looked between them and mumbled an excuse to leave as she walked away and called to let her dad know she'd be coming home in a little bit.

"How could you not tell me about this plan tonight?" She asked.

"It's not important." He said, as he looked back down to where she was clutching her stomach and standing on unsteady legs.

And to him it wasn't important, the important thing was she was slowly healing and they knew what the creature was now.

"You're right." Sam sighed in defeat.

Derek nodded and started to walk away but Sam stayed still as she furthered her explanation, "Maybe I am naïve."

He turned when he realized she didn't mean he was right about it not being important, she was referring to their earlier conversation.

"I was apparently just naïve enough to believe everything you told me, about a pack being a family. Trust and loyalty... I really believed you. I did everything you asked of me and even more." She said, as tears burnt her eyes.

Normally she'd fight against the urge to break down in front of someone, but she was hurting and exhausted. Felt like her entire system was on the brink of collapse.

"Sam..."

"Just admit it! You lied to me to build your pack and now you don't even want me in it! Just because I don't think the same way you do about things." She said, tears of anger running down her cheeks.

"Stop it." Derek instructed, "We need to get you out of here-"

But this time she wasn't going to listen to him.

"No! Tell me why you didn't want me to help you tonight." She pushed.

Irritated and still short tempered from what had happened, Derek snapped back at her, "I didn't ask for your help tonight, because I didn't think you could handle it. What you said earlier about wanting to save this thing, it's ridiculous and I think you're going to get yourself killed with that mindset."