"Not even a counter argument?" She playfully gasped.

"I  don't know." Sam shrugged again, "If I'm being 100% honest... sometimes  he'll say something or I'll catch something in his eyes and I think  maybe, you know? But then I think it doesn't matter anyways because even  if he did feel the same way, we're in a war and in the big picture, it  wouldn't even matter at a time like this."

"Right..." Erica's face twisted up, "Because great love stories never start up in times of war."
Her tone was full of sarcasm.

"I'm so not talking about this anymore with you." Sam shook her head.

~()~

"Are you okay?" Derek asked as he walked over to Sam, who was leaned against a support beam holding onto her left arm.

"Yeah, I just don't know why my arm isn't healing." She admitted her voice strained from pain.

"Let me see it." He stepped closer.

Sam took a step back and tried to lie, "No, I think it's okay."
Her eyes were glued to the floor

"Sam," Derek look confused, "Just let me see it."

"You're  not going to break it like you did to Isaac are you?" She looked up at  him from behind the hair that had fallen over her face.

Glancing  up to the ceiling with a hint of irritation he shook his head and  answered in deadpan voice, "No. Sam. I'm not going to break your arm."

Choosing to believe him, she nodded as he reached out gently taking hold of her sore arm.

"Boyd's  a lot stronger than Erica and Isaac are, I wasn't expecting that." Her  words were followed by a pained gasp when he moved her arm to the side.

Starting with the bones in her wrist he worked his way up her arm, carefully feeling her bones to try and find the problem.
If they were dealing a simple break she should have healed long before now.

Her heart picked up speed at the feeling of his skin against hers.
All she was aware of in that moment was how warm his touch felt.

"Boyd  might be bigger and stronger than you, but you're faster. Next time use  the speed to your advantage." He said as he glanced at her.

"Okay..." She said, her voice trailed off.

She couldn't even feel the pain in her upper arm anymore; she was entirely focused on the sensation of his touch.
Not to mention her rapidly beating heart.

And how being in a room full of werewolves, they would easily pick up on the change in both her breathing her heart-rate.

She nervously licked her lips and tried to control her hastened breathing but was failing miserably at it.

"I don't feel any broken bones." He seemed puzzled.

Her cheeks darkened when she could hear his steady breathing, but was unable to control her own.

Instead of letting her labored breathing show, or be heard in the room full of werewolves she kept trying to hold her breath.

Hearing someone laughing she looked over to where Erica was watching them with a knowing smile on her face.

Sam shot her a look before closing her eyes and shaking her head.

"Okay?" She barely heard Derek say.

"Huh?" she asked, jarred back to her senses.

"It's not a broken bone, I think your shoulder is dislocated." He repeated for the third time.